Alien Water World - Announcement - Wow !

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

I have been telling Nasa that the earth has a habitable ocean for the last two decades........they have deliberately ignored me...........:mad:
Lets hope they are totally truthful.... NASA - Never A STRAIGHT ANSWER......our own world ocean is becoming heavily polluted, so this discovery may prove useful.
If nothing else - we can dump all our plastic bags and crap here , leaving our oceans pristine for dolphins etc...........
Warm ocean with methane - bit difficult to imagine water without bacteria and goobies and only completely sterile.
If it is choc- full of Mermaid women...........so much the better. :cool:

mermaid.jpg

Exciting stuff, nevertheless - at least we will know that there is life out there before we nuke each other to death.........Yuuuuup ! :oops:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

I downloaded a grainy version of the film about a year ago.....so only saw snippets of it. There is a better version available now on Youtube, so I will watch that.
I guess Nasa will have to do some head scratching , as they were planning to send a Clipper probe to Europa , but as it's icy surface could be up to 20 miles deep, it will probably be easier to land a probe on Enceladus, where the ice is thin enough to release methane and hydrogen plumes.

From what I have seen - the green light will be for 2024 -5. So, if they send a robotic underwater camera and it picks up some fish or plankton..........then within that split second.....WE Know that the Cosmos,....Galaxy and Universe is teeming with Life.

PIA20028EuropaSurfaceR.jpg
Europa Surface...................................................................................................................

Humanity must be dumb to think that in such a vast Universal landscape of Hydrogen and Carbon............we are the only life. Like babies................learning to suck their thumbs. :rolleyes:

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you've got Amazon Prime you can watch this in HD.

From the press this week Enceladus is easier to check out, just have to probe the plumes with the right sensors. Cassini didn't have all that was needed.
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39592059

I think one of the more interesting aspects of deep water worlds is the number of different phases of ice you run into as you get higher and higher pressures. Also that on water worlds the huge volumes of water have behavior similar to what happens with earth's molten rock circulation. Some interesting articles in Scientific American on this in last several years.
Phase_diagram_of_water.svg.png

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

This will be a bit of a game changer - 100 times more powerful than Hubble and deployment only a year away - October 2018. Humanity on the brink of seeing into the void at the sheer majesty of the universal construct.................thank goodness for smart people.....Before I go into the next dimension - I want to hear the magic words.......Life is everywhere.........we are not the only life forms ..................only the dumbest. :D