Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Col*COUGH*on*COUGH*ial Sp*COUGH*ace Mar*COUGH*ines....

AHEM! Got that out...

Gotta go with Preds but only by a bit... they are looking for the hunt yes... but all fluff considered they have hunting cadres. Mainly they organize themselves so they can go on the "Big Hunts" together or have a cadre try to out-hunt another in a competition.

Facehuggers won't work... after the Preds learned about them they made the self-destruct system work automatically as soon as the suit found out something was wrong. Don't go quoting PredAliens from the games because those were human genetic experiments.

Aliens win in close combat hands down... Preds are supposed to be quite adept at it... Why would they have built in wrist blades? But ranged is definately their first choice especially against aliens.

once again.. to top them all:

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom

AHEM! Got that out...

once again.. to top them all:

Sounds like someone needs to start a new poll!! go man go

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by PvtJohnson
Patrocles, you knows whats a good KISS song, Lick it up.
yeah, that rocks! Personally, I dig the older material from "Destroyer" and "Rock and Roll Over"

Reaction score
Originally posted by Marines
Some time ago I posted a comment about Alien Resurrection (I thought it sucked) in which on the special edition in the alternate ending it showed Paris/France destroyed. I pulled it off my DVD from the Alien Quadrilogy.

Too bad it isn't true.:banana:
The movie would probably done MUCH better (at least in the U.S.) with that ending.............At least it would have made Dr. S.'s top 10 list.

MomoJak00

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Alien VS. Preditor: Tactics

Originally posted by Overseer
Oh besides, the predators are looking for a good hunt. They're not out there for clear superiority. Ignoring Mr. Paul W.S. Anderson, the predators are supposed to really operate alone.
What about Alien Vs. Preditor (The craptastic movie and exelent game)? They both depicted a GROUP of preditors.

Hm? HMM? HMMMMM!!!???

MomoJak00

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: Alien VS. Preditor: Tactics

I disagree.

Think about the predator is only slightly stronger than a man. And look at it this way: DANNY GLOVER BEAT ONE IN MELEE COMBAT.

The main principle however is this: The predator has to fight with weapons, where as the alien fights with its body making it far more efficient in melee combat. The only thing the predator has on the aliens is ranged ability. I think hands down an aliens is probably stronger, faster, more agile, and far more deadly at close ranges.
Of course DANNY GLOVER had a PREDITOR disc weapon! HA!

MomoJak00

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This was a good point posted on the G4TechTv forums (Not sure from who):

In Aliens a special forces squad killed an entire colony of aliens.
When in preditor the preditor killed an entire special forces squad.

Also the aliens were killed killed by SIGOURNEY WEAVER! I could beat Sigourney Weaver! And im 14!

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Originally posted by MomoJak00
What about Alien Vs. Preditor (The craptastic movie and exelent game)? They both depicted a GROUP of preditors.

Hm? HMM? HMMMMM!!!???
But while the group is there, they act generally independent. And besides both of those tend to break from the actual predator movies, where the predators hunt alone.

Basically, predators win if they use their guns. Predators lose if they go in close combat.

Marines

Reaction score
For those who saw AvP:rolleyes: I want to know your honest opinion of the film and not just what was wrong with it but what was right. I knew it would was going to be total trash but I would still like to know.

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I disagree.

Think about the predator is only slightly stronger than a man. And look at it this way: DANNY GLOVER BEAT ONE IN MELEE COMBAT.

The main principle however is this: The predator has to fight with weapons, where as the alien fights with its body making it far more efficient in melee combat. The only thing the predator has on the aliens is ranged ability. I think hands down an aliens is probably stronger, faster, more agile, and far more deadly at close ranges.
That was a young warrior proving his manhood or something. The vets are probably seriously cold!!

I have to go with the predator, the ultimate commando!!

BigMik1

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Marines
For those who saw AvP:rolleyes: I want to know your honest opinion of the film and not just what was wrong with it but what was right. I knew it would was going to be total trash but I would still like to know.
It was okay and tried to say true to the comic book series.

BigMik1