Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MomoJak00

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There have been many games covering this fabled subject nad a movie has come out. Now i'm going to ask which has beter tactics: The vicious an visceral alien or the prideful and powerful preditor? Post your opinions and cite examples!

My opnion: Preditor. The aliens main strength is numbers. But what good are numbers when you are facing a small squad of expert warriors with a HUGE technological edge. Check and mate!

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by MomoJak00
There have been many games covering this fabled subject nad a movie has come out. Now i'm going to ask which has beter tactics: The vicious an visceral alien or the prideful and powerful preditor? Post your opinions and cite examples!

My opnion: Preditor. The aliens main strength is numbers. But what good are numbers when you are facing a small squad of expert warriors with a HUGE technological edge. Check and mate!
yeah, I agree with the predator! one on one the predator will kick arse! But the biggest strength of the aliens is their numbers!

I just like the predator more that is why i picked it! ha ha

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Alien VS. Preditor: Tactics

Originally posted by Patrocles
yeah, I agree with the predator! one on one the predator will kick arse! But the biggest strength of the aliens is their numbers!

I just like the predator more that is why i picked it! ha ha
I disagree.

Think about the predator is only slightly stronger than a man. And look at it this way: DANNY GLOVER BEAT ONE IN MELEE COMBAT.

The main principle however is this: The predator has to fight with weapons, where as the alien fights with its body making it far more efficient in melee combat. The only thing the predator has on the aliens is ranged ability. I think hands down an aliens is probably stronger, faster, more agile, and far more deadly at close ranges.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by MomoJak00

Oh besides, the predators are looking for a good hunt. They're not out there for clear superiority. Ignoring Mr. Paul W.S. Anderson, the predators are supposed to really operate alone.

Marines

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Alien VS. Preditor: Tactics

Originally posted by Overseer
I disagree.

Think about the predator is only slightly stronger than a man. And look at it this way: DANNY GLOVER BEAT ONE IN MELEE COMBAT.

The main principle however is this: The predator has to fight with weapons, where as the alien fights with its body making it far more efficient in melee combat. The only thing the predator has on the aliens is ranged ability. I think hands down an aliens is probably stronger, faster, more agile, and far more deadly at close ranges.
Yep. Aliens hands down.

You forgot it has one hell of a defense mechanism.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: Re: Alien VS. Preditor: Tactics

Originally posted by Marines
Yep. Aliens hands down.

You forgot it has one hell of a defense mechanism.
Oh, I didn't forget. I just wanted to make my case without it. :D

Marines

Reaction score
Some time ago I posted a comment about Alien Resurrection (I thought it sucked) in which on the special edition in the alternate ending it showed Paris/France destroyed. I pulled it off my DVD from the Alien Quadrilogy.

Too bad it isn't true.:banana:

Patrocles

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Alien VS. Preditor: Tactics

Originally posted by Overseer
I disagree.

good point! I never questioned the predators strengths (heck, even gov Ahnold beat one silly! ha ha) I think I am "enthralled" by the predator's tech abilities. The lack of established criteria in how and where this "fight" would take place allowed me to give the Predator the advantage for no reason other than I like them! ha ha

I guess it all comes down to where the combat would occur.

I only saw the first Predator film. How many were in the series (not including the new AvP film)? just curious...

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: Re: Alien VS. Preditor: Tactics

Originally posted by Patrocles
good point! I never questioned the predators strengths (heck, even gov Ahnold beat one silly! ha ha) I think I am "enthralled" by the predator's tech abilities. The lack of established criteria in how and where this "fight" would take place allowed me to give the Predator the advantage for no reason other than I like them! ha ha

I guess it all comes down to where the combat would occur.

I only saw the first Predator film. How many were in the series (not including the new AvP film)? just curious...
Just two.