Alien vs. Predator Impressions

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't even write a review for this movie, because it was so horrible. To be honest it might be the worst movie I've seen in a year. It's definitely the worst movie I've seen this summer.

It reinforces my point that Paul W.S. Anderson should be maimed to the point where he can never make another film in his life.

HE USES MATRIX STYLE SLOW MOTION EFFECTS.

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So a face-hugger moving s-l-o-m-o isn't scary huh?

I saw the AvP spin-up on FOX last night... I like the idea of Weyland...:p and some of the 'historical sides' to the A/P timeline... but the movie itself... I've got a friend seeing it tonight, he lives for opening night 'energy'... we'll see...

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by Overseer
I can't even write a review for this movie, because it was so horrible. To be honest it might be the worst movie I've seen in a year. It's definitely the worst movie I've seen this summer.

It reinforces my point that Paul W.S. Anderson should be maimed to the point where he can never make another film in his life.

bummer, but i'm not surprised IMHO the previews looked horrible!

Also, don't call them Matrix-style slowmo!! That film stole them from others...I know at least a few commercials (The Gap for instance) using that effect before the matrix!
:D

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Bummer as I was looking so much to see it..... I'll go see it anyways!! :p

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Alien vs. Predator Impressions

Originally posted by Patrocles
bummer, but i'm not surprised IMHO the previews looked horrible!

Also, don't call them Matrix-style slowmo!! That film stole them from others...I know at least a few commercials (The Gap for instance) using that effect before the matrix!
:D
Yeah but most people won't know what I'm saying if I say "The slow motion camera panning effect that the GAP commercial had."

And I wasn't surprised either, I've known since Anderson's name was on it that it was going to be horrible. :p

Patrocles

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Alien vs. Predator Impressions

Yeah but most people won't know what I'm saying if I say "The slow motion camera panning effect that the GAP commercial had."

And I wasn't surprised either, I've known since Anderson's name was on it that it was going to be horrible. :p
ugh! you got me! carry on!! :D

btw...who is this Anderson person? What other films has he done...yeah, too lazy to run over to IMDB at the moment. lol

Marines

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Alien vs. Predator Impressions

Originally posted by Patrocles
ugh! you got me! carry on!! :D

btw...who is this Anderson person? What other films has he done...yeah, too lazy to run over to IMDB at the moment. lol
Paul W. S. Anderson did Resident Evil...I'll leave it at that.

Overseer you went and saw it...moron.:laugh:

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ahhh... damn... like others, I saw the FOX hype show about it, but I thought it looked at least halfway decent. I guess I'll just wait for it to come to pay-per-view.

Reaction score
You know what the big clue to how bad the movie is? They would not allow critics to view the movie prior to its release date. This is so negative reviews would not damage the first week of viewership, which appears to be all they could hope for.........

The Washington Post's movie critic was very surprised that 20th Century Fox "declined" to screen the movie for critics. In fact in the near 1/2 page ad for the movie not a single critics feedback is cited..........

These are tell tale signs of cinematic garbage.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alien vs. Predator Impressions

Originally posted by Marines
Paul W. S. Anderson did Resident Evil...I'll leave it at that.

Overseer you went and saw it...moron.:laugh:
I work at a movie theater. We watched it after we built it up (about 15 of us, and we just railed on it the whole time).

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Lance Williams
You know what the big clue to how bad the movie is? They would not allow critics to view the movie prior to its release date. This is so negative reviews would not damage the first week of viewership, which appears to be all they could hope for.........

The Washington Post's movie critic was very surprised that 20th Century Fox "declined" to screen the movie for critics. In fact in the near 1/2 page ad for the movie not a single critics feedback is cited..........

These are tell tale signs of cinematic garbage.

Actually, if the Washington Post Movie critic paid attention to movies he'd know that they announced that the movie was not yet complete (editing and special effects) and that they weren't even sure if it would be done in time.

Marines

Reaction score
Actually, if the Washington Post Movie critic paid attention to movies he'd know that they announced that the movie was not yet complete (editing and special effects) and that they weren't even sure if it would be done in time.
:laugh: :laugh:

That says it all.

Patrocles

Reaction score
The NYTimes posted their review. The critic thought it was your standard summer action movie. Not horrible, but nothing to run out and see.