Alert: New PBS D-Day documentary airing during 75th Anniversary

Elfego Baca

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In conjunction with the 75th anniversary of D-Day, many PBS stations will be airing the documentary "Seize & Secure: The Battle for La Fière" on or around June 6. The documentary is a joint-effort of the National WWII Museum and Louisiana Public Broadcasting. Several ASL scenarios are based upon this battle.

Broadcast times vary, so (as they say) “check your local listings.” For example, WLIW (Long Island, NY) will air it on June 5 at 8pm, while WNET (NYC) will air it on June 7 (at 1am, no less!)

Here’s a link to a preview clip. https://www.pbs.org/video/la-fiere-manor-djrbtu/

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In conjunction with the 75th anniversary of D-Day, many PBS stations will be airing the documentary "Seize & Secure: The Battle for La Fière" on or around June 6. The documentary is a joint-effort of the National WWII Museum and Louisiana Public Broadcasting. Several ASL scenarios are based upon this battle.

Broadcast times vary, so (as they say) “check your local listings.” For example, WLIW (Long Island, NY) will air it on June 5 at 8pm, while WNET (NYC) will air it on June 7 (at 1am, no less!)

Here’s a link to a preview clip. https://www.pbs.org/video/la-fiere-manor-djrbtu/
Looks like it is airing in the Washington DC area on June 3rd. Had a chance to visit the site and walk the ground last year. Very cool to set foot in what I had previously only read about. For real buffs, I believe the manor also has an active bed and breakfast.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw this yesterday and was going to post it. Looks really good not too many documentaries on La Fiere. If you're in Normandy for the 75th you can also have dinner by Pegasus Bridge