albums you tried getting into?

Sogogi110

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Ever listen to an album that was recommended to you by friends/family and you tried to get into it but just for the life of you, you just couldn't?

For me the album was Goo Goo Dolls' Gutterflower. I've always liked the GGDs but this album was just too much. I noticed they were beginning to turn in Dizzy Up the Girl. I think Iris really was a turning point for them. You could see a change of direction was coming in A Boy Named Goo, with Name. Its not a ****ty album by any means and it scores quite highly on Allmusic. I just couldn't get into it.

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Ever listen to an album that was recommended to you by friends/family and you tried to get into it but just for the life of you, you just couldn't?

For me the album was Goo Goo Dolls' Gutterflower. I've always liked the GGDs but this album was just too much. I noticed they were beginning to turn in Dizzy Up the Girl. I think Iris really was a turning point for them. You could see a change of direction was coming in A Boy Named Goo, with Name. Its not a ****ty album by any means and it scores quite highly on Allmusic. I just couldn't get into it.
Pretty much anything by Pink Floyd I'm afraid with the exception of Dark Side and The Wall.....I sort of presumed many years back that the fact that I like those two albums and Prog Rock generally, that I'd like pretty much all their output. I was wrong. I found almost all their other album to be very bland. Some of them were painful for me to listen to. The boxed set I bought was sold after listening through once.

It's not even that I don't like 'challenging' music...I'm a huge Yes fan. Most Yes albums though gripped me around the throat pretty much the first time of hearing them. Pink Floyd...nah