Alberta Assault 3 06-07 March 2021

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And they're off!!! Round One of the Alberta Assault 3 Tournament officially kicked off this morning.

For round one we have sixteen players in four groups battling it out over Scenario 238 from Croix de Guerre 2 (current ROAR 52% Ger:48% French).

Stay tuned for more updates as the round progresses.
Best to all and special good luck for my buddy Geoff.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Round One: 238 - Audacity (CdG 2)

Good morning all.

Edit: With seven of the eight games reported I thought I would post the results before sending out the card and vsav file for Round Two.

We have five German and three French wins which seems to be in line with close to the ROAR and ASL Archives records.

Group 1

Steve S defeated Nate S for a German win.
Colin J defeated Paul Ch for the second German win

Group 2

Brain W managed to overcome Bill S for a third German win
Paul Sch defeated Michael W for the first French win

Group 3

Rob O snipered his way to victory against Andrew Y for the fifth German win.
Geoff W (Uncle Duke), in his first tournament match, managed to overcome Dave G for a second French win

Group 4

Ken Y defeated Steffen K for the fourth reported German win of this scenario
Chris D led his poilu to the third French victory against Brad H's stubborn German defenders.

Congrats to all the players.

Last edited:

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul Sch defeated Michael W for the first French win
My attacking French managed a win that may have been the closest run game I have ever won. My shocked, then UK'ed tank recovered and thus I didn't pass the CVP cap. Tanks and trucks felt like a liability in this one. Infantry losses brought me quite close enough to the cap! Also important was a T1 lucky shot that put the 9-2 and both squads out of action for a couple turns. That breather was probably essential to keep at least some of the on board units alive. Michael played a nice game, really pushing me hard in the early turns that left me despairing, but his losses added up and the reinforcements finally pushed the scales to my side. Really a fun scenario! Thanks.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My attacking French managed a win that may have been the closest run game I have ever won. My shocked, then UK'ed tank recovered and thus I didn't pass the CVP cap. Tanks and trucks felt like a liability in this one. Infantry losses brought me quite close enough to the cap! Also important was a T1 lucky shot that put the 9-2 and both squads out of action for a couple turns. That breather was probably essential to keep at least some of the on board units alive. Michael played a nice game, really pushing me hard in the early turns that left me despairing, but his losses added up and the reinforcements finally pushed the scales to my side. Really a fun scenario! Thanks.
The cap is a killa! It gives the French ulcers almost every time.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Gents,

We had one player drop out due to family and grad school issues.

If you know someone who would like a free entry courtesy of Mike we have two games to play in two weeks. They will be short and low density so should go quickly.

First come first serve.

Gerry.