Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
When I buillt the map for AP177 A CELEBRATORY MOOD in VASL, I saw that it uses three overlays that make up four hexes to cover most, but not all, of a five hex building. Is that correct?

Thanks.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FT304 Loosening the Noose. SSR1 A +1 LV Hindrance equivalent to Mist (E3.32) exists on Turn 1 and 2.

Is this played exactly as Mist (E3.32) i.e. +1 LV at 7 - 12 Hexes range etc? (If so, why not just state "Mist is in effect for Turn 1 and 2"?) Or is it a flat +1 LV Hindrance at all ranges? Which would explain the choice of wording somewhat.

Cheers

Phil
I am wondering about this SSR too?

Seth

PS NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played this once and I think it's at all ranges. But I'm just guessing. The fight in this scenario is at close range, so mist at range 7-12 isn't very relevant. Just my opinion though.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played this once and I think it's at all ranges. But I'm just guessing. The fight in this scenario is at close range, so mist at range 7-12 isn't very relevant. Just my opinion though.
Due to the SSR citing the rule, I believe it is played at 0-6 no hinderance; 7-12 +1; and +1 every multiple thereafter.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, it seems that since the rule is cited that it would be played by the rule. However, as Paul said, what makes me suspicious is that due to the range and mist turn limit involved, if played by the rule it looks almost irrelevant.

Seth

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
mist will have an important affect at 7+ range depending on setup. i believe the designer saw a potential early turn defense advantage.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Albany championship: 23474 I’ve played this cool scenario (Hazmo) and thinking why no Russian attack on the Rumanian right flank ? That’s what I was worried of when I played the Rumanians. There is a giant crucial melee by the bridge and some broken Romanians. Looks tough for Paul but he’s got those reinforcements pouring in this turn.

Last edited:

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Played this scenario just this week. Was losing but launched a suicide attack as the Russians on the next to last turn which brought me to victory until I rolled a twelve in reaction fire vs. a starting Panzer IV with my 9-1 leader and an assault engineer. My opponent's tank proceeded to attack and destroy my last mobile T-34 which was running rampant in the enemy's rear area preventing the Romanians from taking back the buildings I had captured for victory.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Albany championship: View attachment 23474 I’ve played this cool scenario (Hazmo) and thinking why no Russian attack on the Rumanian right flank ? That’s what I was worried of when I played the Rumanians. There is a giant crucial melee by the bridge and some broken Romanians. Looks tough for Paul but he’s got those reinforcements pouring in this turn.
Looks like Michael did attack on his left but got repulsed. I can see a wounded Rumanian and DMed Russians over there.

Was thinking, wouldn’t it be cool to watch a game like this in real time ? Well, maybe for 5-10 minutes, lol. For those of us that don’t know, what is Michael's style of play ? How does Paul handle pressure? ...ect

Now is about the time to invision the end game position. As a defender count up enough easy buildings to hold for victory and then count back a turn. What is a good line to hold to insure your last turn final-protective-line in the turn before? Extrapolate, what is a good line to hold two turns before the F-P-L ?

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Looks like Michael did attack on his left but got repulsed. I can see a wounded Rumanian and DMed Russians over there.

Was thinking, wouldn’t it be cool to watch a game like this in real time ? Well, maybe for 5-10 minutes, lol. For those of us that don’t know, what is Michael's style of play ? How does Paul handle pressure? ...ect
That would be about my time limit as a spectator.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
After round 1; a few cards are missing I found out later.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
No one knows where they found a photo of Gary smiling....:sneaky:

The new hotel is a big improvement from last year. Steve and Joe did their usual excellent job putting things together. During the Italian round (for Gary), there was a memorial to Gary Trezza that started and ended with a piper. Inbetween the pipings a few people shared their memories of Gary.

Here is the trophy diorama by Joe Leoce. The T34 is metallic colour because it is fresh from the Stalingrad factories and without paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.