Albany Tournament December 1st-4th All TD Communications Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's the scenario list for the Albany tournament December 1st-4th. Note that for Round 1 players can play any scenario they agree to assuming they can get it finished on time. I'll start work on the PBS now. Emails about attendance and match ups will also start soon.

Round 1 - Thursday Start as early as 10:00am
AP177 A Celebratory Mood
Buda I What Do We Say to the Dead?
HazMo29 The Heights of Hubris
PRK10 Breakthrough in Komsomolets
SF9 First, Do No Harm

Round 2 - Friday Morning 8:30am
DB173 The Last Day
ECZ13 Leaving Changsha
FT308 Luchs on the Lookout
FT310 Back to the River
SF20 Through the Breach, Into the Fire

Round 3 - Friday Evening 3:30pm
DTF9 Mao's Iron Army
ECZ11 Blood and Brine
HazMo21 Goodbye Cruel World
Prague II Roads to Perdition
WO39 Shotgun Shuffle

Round 4 - Saturday Morning 8:30am
279 Ghost Riders
BoF8 Sting of the Italian Hornet
DB38 Centauro on a Flank
FT245 Ciao Cina!
272 The Art of Dying

Round 5 - Saturday Evening 3:30pm
Buda VIII Death Box
DB81 Lack of Discernment (No Mechanical Reliability DR is made on Turn 1)
ECZ02 Liberating Bukovina
HazMo28 Righteous Red Scythe
SF15 No Greater Love

Round 6 - Sunday Morning 8:00am
DB172 Not Diggin' Potatoes
FT304 Loosening the Noose
FT316 Operation Munchen
HazMo25 The Trial
ON10 Chateau of Death

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Here's the scenario list for the Albany tournament December 1st-4th. Note that for Round 1 players can play any scenario they agree to assuming they can get it finished on time. I'll start work on the PBS now. Emails about attendance and match ups will also start soon.

AP177 A Celebratory Mood
SF9 First, Do No Harm

DB173 The Last Day
ECZ13 Leaving Changsha
FT310 Back to the River

DTF9 Mao's Iron Army
ECZ11 Blood and Brine
WO39 Shotgun Shuffle

279 Ghost Riders
DB38 Centauro on a Flank
FT245 Ciao Cina!
J130 The Art of Dying

Buda VIII Death Box
SF15 No Greater Love

FT316 Operation Munchen
HazMo25 The Trial
ON10 Chateau of Death
Best of luck Steve and to all who attend and contribute this great event!🥰

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
You managed to select a few scenarios that are in packs I never heard of.
And www.aslscenarioarchive.com is as uninformed as you and I 😢. Looking forward to knowing what "Buda", "Prague" and "ECZ" stand for.

"ecz" used to be the Gamesquad handle for Enrico Catanzaro of Italy, but I have not played or heard from him since the old Player's Rating fizzled out. Would be fun if he is active again (?).

PS. Due to my trip to ASLOK and the extreme cost of USD, I am writing this out of general interest and not because I am able to go to Albany this year 😭😭😭

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
And www.aslscenarioarchive.com is as uninformed as you and I 😢. Looking forward to knowing what "Buda", "Prague" and "ECZ" stand for.

"ecz" used to be the Gamesquad handle for Enrico Catanzaro of Italy, but I have not played or heard from him since the old Player's Rating fizzled out. Would be fun if he is active again (?).

PS. Due to my trip to ASLOK and the extreme cost of USD, I am writing this out of general interest and not because I am able to go to Albany this year 😭😭😭
Ecz has been active here lately.

buser333

Reaction score

Enrico is indeed releasing a pack of scenarios. I believe the gentlemen at Yankee ASL are releasing it.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ECZ are from our Italian friends. They gave me a few scenarios in advance of their general release. I played them and liked them quite a bit. That pack looks like it is going to be a must buy, IMHO. Buda and Prague are from the new Factory and Rails AP that is coming out next year. I played those and they are excellent. Some new maps and bodacious overlays that fill a hole in what we have now. We will have maps printed out and ready to go for the tournament. Another must buy.

Definitely not a stale list - plenty of fresh offerings. You could argue round 4 doesn't fit that mold, but that Italian round is in honor of the late, great Gary Trezza - a moral imperative...
Steve

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
ECZ are from our Italian friends. They gave me a few scenarios in advance of their general release. I played them and liked them quite a bit. That pack looks like it is going to be a must buy, IMHO. Buda and Prague are from the new Factory and Rails AP that is coming out next year. I played those and they are excellent. Some new maps and bodacious overlays that fill a hole in what we have now. We will have maps printed out and ready to go for the tournament. Another must buy.

Definitely not a stale list - plenty of fresh offerings. You could argue round 4 doesn't fit that mold, but that Italian round is in honor of the late, great Gary Trezza - a moral imperative...
Steve
Sounds like a very fitting tribute. Well done.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States

AP177 A Celebratory Mood
SF9 First, Do No Harm

DB173 The Last Day
ECZ13 Leaving Changsha
FT310 Back to the River

DTF9 Mao's Iron Army
ECZ11 Blood and Brine
WO39 Shotgun Shuffle

279 Ghost Riders
DB38 Centauro on a Flank
FT245 Ciao Cina!
272 The Art of Dying

Buda VIII Death Box
SF15 No Greater Love

FT316 Operation Munchen
HazMo25 The Trial
ON10 Chateau of Death
Thanks Steve for including some Dispatches scenarios in the list, the exposure is very much appreciated.

Looks like another strong list and see you and Joe that Saturday, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
For me a tourney without a DftB scenario or two is like an ice-cream sundae without the cherry on top. I went over my tourney selections for the past 10 years and in every one I selected at least one DftB scenario to play.
Thanks for the nice words my ASL Comrade, I'll be looking at how they came out in Albany, Vic.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
When is the ECZ scenario pack coming out?
The publisher is Advancing Fire (Prokhorovka!) I do not know all details but it should be available very soon. It's almost at the printer.
there are 16 scenarios.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Ecz has been active here lately.
yes I do. I restarted early in 2022 to complete the project almost finished already in late 2019, when I took my first timeout from ASL since 1993.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly

ecz is the ID code Advancing Fire decided for the scenarios of the incoming "Tournament Director's Pack".

More about it here: Tournament Director's Pack

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If the dollar is expensive for a Swede how do you think us Brits feel :LOL:

Come to all the UK tournaments Magnus - at the moment everything here is on sale because of our weak currency....................

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Enrico is indeed releasing a pack of scenarios. I believe the gentlemen at Yankee ASL are releasing it.
Nope, while Enrico did clarify this up stream, in case anyone missed it, Advancing Fire is the publisher.

Reactions: ecz

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Steve
Steve, sent a conversation message. Thanks.

Phil_Draper

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Steve, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post questions regarding the selected scenarios for Albany 2022, so please forgive me if not.

I am wondering about a couple of SSRs that raised a question with me, and may, I guess, come up at the tourney.

AP177 A Celebratory Mood. SSR2 (Tunnels are NA). Does this apply solely to replacing Fortified Building locations with tunnels or does it include the tunnel the Japanese normally receive with the OB Pillbox?

FT304 Loosening the Noose. SSR1 A +1 LV Hindrance equivalent to Mist (E3.32) exists on Turn 1 and 2. Is this played exactly as Mist (E3.32) i.e. +1 LV at 7 - 12 Hexes range etc? (If so, why not just state "Mist is in effect for Turn 1 and 2"?) Or is it a flat +1 LV Hindrance at all ranges? Which would explain the choice of wording somewhat.

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.