Not open for further replies.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I was there Saturday to show my face, attend the Gary Trezza tribute (complete with piper and penalty flags, great job Joe Leoce!) then played Joe in SP95 Burn Gurkha, Burn, which I lost as the Gurkha as the dice had been in my favor for 4 turns but then changed and Joe's deft maneuvering to get from one hill to the next led to his win. I did have a first time ASL moment when I recovered one of his 2 FTs after
the unit who possessed it died in the adjacent jungle hex, I went in and got lucky on the recovery dr. Sadly, rolled a 9 on my first shot with it and away it went. I conceded on turn 6, great fun anyway with Joe.

Congrats to Paul Sidhu who won once again and to everyone who attended, especially out international visitors, was great to see them. Also a fine job by Joe and Steve Pleva for running it, great competition and an amazing raffle as always. Good times in Albany...

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Looks like Michael did attack on his left but got repulsed. I can see a wounded Rumanian and DMed Russians over there.

Was thinking, wouldn’t it be cool to watch a game like this in real time ? Well, maybe for 5-10 minutes, lol. For those of us that don’t know, what is Michael's style of play ? How does Paul handle pressure? ...ect

Now is about the time to invision the end game position. As a defender count up enough easy buildings to hold for victory and then count back a turn. What is a good line to hold to insure your last turn final-protective-line in the turn before? Extrapolate, what is a good line to hold two turns before the F-P-L ?
We should set up a live video stream from tournament finals. Wouldnt that be something. I mean, how hard can it be.

Also, Michael's style is " very very good" 🎖

hastrup

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llDenmark
Thanks for a great weekend, lots of fun and exciting ASL in a friendly atmosphere. Absolutely loved it. Thanks to Joe and Steve for hosting the tournament.
The remembrance of Trezza was moving, glad I was here to be a part of it. He will be missed.

hastrup

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llDenmark
And thanks to Paul for a great game in the final. I did attack on the right Russian flank.
But also had a plan to drive up to the roadblock with the turn 2 reinforcing T34’s and clear the roadblock with two 628 AE squads and a leader.
But just have to say that I don’t recall a game with as hot dice 🎲🎲 as I had in this game. Especially in the first 3 turns. And Paul had awful dice, except for his Pz4 who took out all three T34’s
This only proves how excellent an ASL player Paul is. Hanging in despite all the beating and still winning. Very few players could do that 🤩👍
A more detailed AAR will follow 🤓

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
What a great weekend it was! In spite of my record

Many thanks to Joe and Steve for putting on a great event. The tribute to Gary was very nice. It would be fitting if Albany could do for Gary as CASLO does for Jim McLeod

Congratulations to Paul and Michael!

Great group of guys, super fun, looking forward to 20th Anniversary 2023 already

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Bo and Michael are indeed masters of our art. I would describe Michael's play style as calm and unflabbable, easy-going and good-natured... as well as being implacable and utterly relentless.
A potent combination!
Sounds like I need to VASL with Michael at some point, it was so nice meeting him and he is a great asset to the entire ASL Community.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Could be fun Vic :)
You bet, how about we get together after the next Dispatch goes out in March?

Would love to play you, I'm sure this old dog can learn new tricks, I know when I
do play the better players it is always worth it, win, lose or draw.

See you in 2023 via VASL/SKYPE and have a nice Holiday Season! Vic.

hastrup

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llDenmark

Would love to play you, I'm sure this old dog can learn new tricks, I know when I

I would love to do that - That is after ASL Scandinavian Open which should give me more time :)

rmrossi

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ALL,
Just wanted to thank everyone for all the good wishes, thoughts, and prayers sent my way. I had to exit the tournament rather suddenly on Friday; my heart rolled a 12! Prompt, expert care by the EMTs and the staff at Samaritan Hospital corrected the problem and I am now slowly recovering at my place in PA. Much thanks to Steve and Joe for all the help that they provided me as well as hosting another great tournament. Congratulations Paul! Looking forward to the 20th next year.

Again, thank you all!

Randy Rossi

P.S. Larry, the Necco wafers are being rationed but enjoyed daily now!!

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ALL,
Just wanted to thank everyone for all the good wishes, thoughts, and prayers sent my way. I had to exit the tournament rather suddenly on Friday; my heart rolled a 12! Prompt, expert care by the EMTs and the staff at Samaritan Hospital corrected the problem and I am now slowly recovering at my place in PA. Much thanks to Steve and Joe for all the help that they provided me as well as hosting another great tournament. Congratulations Paul! Looking forward to the 20th next year.

Again, thank you all!

Randy Rossi

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Hope your recovery is swift and permanent. Love you brother and look forward to the next time we meet.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi ALL,

Again, thank you all!

Randy Rossi

Hi Randy, I was there on Saturday so missed seeing you, I sure hope you are doing better and make a quick recovery.

I would love to play you sometime, whether in Albany next year or via VASL, I'm retired and can play 3 or 4 different days of the week.

You take care, be well, roll low and have a nice Holiday Season! Your ASL Comrade, Vic.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I was staring at my ex's new dude cuz there was something familiar about him... & then it hit me like a freakin ton of bricks! he looks a whole lot like Zoet! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! but other than that he's an awesome dude! 👍

cifdale

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
Hi ALL,

Again, thank you all!

Randy Rossi

Hey Randy, Glad to hear you are recovering. Look forward to seeing you again at a tournament somewhere.

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark

Playing Michael is always a pleasure, even though the wins are very few and far between! And I ALWAYS learn something when we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.