ALBANY LIVE IS BACK!

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's the scenario list. Note that you can play anything you want in round 1 as long as you are done by Thursday night late.

Round 1 Thursday:
AP92 End of the Beginning
DTF12 Not One Step Back
HazMo3 Seaside Retreat
HazMo5 The Blood of Lambs
OtO29 The Cat's Lair

Round 2 Friday Morning:
AP168 Nameless Hill
DTF11 A Greek Tragedy
HazMo10 Fresh Grist
J188 Grab and Go
MM66 Brazil's Here

Round 3 Friday Afternoon:
AP172 Hickory Lickin'
AP178 Walker's Orders
DB159 Autumn Approach
FT216 Back in Force
HazMo11 The Beleaguered Capital

Round 4 Saturday Morning:
AP176 Always Ready
DTF14 Pillbox Pains
HazMo14 A Sisyphean Task
Madagascar5 Taking Diego Suarez
MM67 Urdaneta Ambush

Round 5 Saturday Afternoon:
AP174 Forest Gumm
AP179 Garry Owen
DTF15 Storming Lommel
FT222 Hetzer Butcher
HazMo6 Great Vengeance

Round 6 Sunday Morning:
DB? Gallabat Grab
DTF16 Panther Cull
HazMo7 Left Behind
MM60 Liberating Loznica
Q15 Mantes Meet Up

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am starting to put the player list together along with first round matchups. Please email me with your expected arrival day/time. Also, please tell all your technology challenged friends who may not see this announcement. I will try to reach out to all the players I know about.
My email is: "stevenpleva (AT) earthlink (DOT) net"

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ALBANY WEBSITE IS BACK!!!

With huge thanks to Mitch Abrams and especially YANKEE ASL, The Albany website is back and located on the YANKEE ASL page. We are honored to be there, as the Nor’Easter tournament was the inspiration for ALBANY 19 years ago. The website contains basic information at the moment, but will be “fleshed out” going forward.

Joe Leoce

aloha_brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Looks like I am in for the daytime rounds on Friday (vs Steve Johns in J188 Grab and Go) and Saturday (vs Joe Leoce in DTF-14 Pillbox Pain). Sadly I have lingering issues from my illness 4 years ago and don't do as well at night so just staying and playing in the day and will be back on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing my ASL Comrades again, I have not been to a real tournament since I did have my illness 4 years ago but ready to go for limited participation and a great time.

I look forward to seeing both Steves, Joe and all the usual suspects a week from today, take care and good luck with your Black Friday, your ASL Comrade, Vic.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Looks like I am in for the daytime rounds on Friday (vs Steve Johns in J188 Grab and Go) and Saturday (vs Joe Leoce in DTF-14 Pillbox Pain). Sadly I have lingering issues from my illness 4 years ago and don't do as well at night so just staying and playing in the day and will be back on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing my ASL Comrades again, I have not been to a real tournament since I did have my illness 4 years ago but ready to go for limited participation and a great time.

I look forward to seeing both Steves, Joe and all the usual suspects a week from today, take care and good luck with your Black Friday, your ASL Comrade, Vic.
So sorry to hear about your health issues but wonderful to hear you will be able to attend and enjoy the event! Good luck, roll low and don't push yourself too hard. No CX for a while.😉🤗

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
CXing for me is in my rear-view window, I have to take it easy and don't do well when I push it, so just attending the day rounds and coming home, this is more about seeing my friends there after a few years absence. Doing better for the most part, just have to take my scripts and not do anything crazy at almost 67 now.

You roll low and have a nice Holiday Season, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I got in daytime rounds on Friday and Saturday and had a blast, lost a close one to Steve Johns in J188 Grab and Go, I prevented the SMG halftrack from re-arming its HMG but the 81* Mtr was able to get back in its halftrack and exit and along with 8VPs in infantry giving him a 3 pt lead and the victory. Close and fun game for sure. On Saturday I got the win as the USA in DTF-14 Pillbox Pains, Joe Leoce had a nice Japanese set up but he had bad dice in his TK dice rolls by both the 47L ATG and his dug-in Type 97B Chic-Ha vs my Stuarts, with numerous chances to kill several tanks but no luck. I eventually dispatched the tank and he broke his ATG, leaving me with more free movement for my AFVs and once the Shermans came on the writing was on the wall, especially with me neutralizing his pillboxes. Joe called it quits on turn 6 and graciously conceded. I could have very well lost if Joe had decent TK rolls but even his THHs were killed on the way in or failed to kill the AFV once they did get there. Fun scenario, if both sides get decent dice.

Also want to give a big Shout-Out to Steve Pleva and Joe Leoce for running and organizing the tourney. Also a great gesture by Steve who singled me out for returning to Albany, though in a limited way, for the first time since I got sick 3+ years ago, the guys gave me a nice round of applause and their support throughout my time there was very much appreciated. I hope to play Randy Rossi and Paul Anderson there in the future.

In any event, everyone seemed to have a good time and ASL is still alive and well here in the NE USA.

I hope to hear who actually won the main prize later today. Happy Holidays, Vic.

Last edited:

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick Update:

1st - Bill Cirillo
2nd - Neil Stanhagen
3rd - Bob Bendis
4th - Paul Sidhu

HazMo Heavyweight - JR Tracy (Played most HazMo scenarios and won most HazMo scenarios 3-1)

Biggest Bid to Win - Paul Sidhu (Bid R5 and won as the Russians in DTF12 "Not One Step Back"

Thanks to Chuck Hammond and Chad Cummins from Hazardous Movement who released their new HazMo2 pack. The scenarios were well played and received. Some of the scenarios are tricky and have a larger than average learning curve - just the way I like it. They are also very replayable.

Thanks to all the players for making the trek. Most everyone was vaccinated/boostered. A couple of players who were not graciously agreed to a get a test. I appreciate the effort to make everyone as comfortable as could be expected.

A full update later...

Steve

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick Update:

1st - Bill Cirillo
2nd - Neil Stanhagen
3rd - Bob Bendis
4th - Paul Sidhu

HazMo Heavyweight - JR Tracy (Played most HazMo scenarios and won most HazMo scenarios 3-1)

Biggest Bid to Win - Paul Sidhu (Bid R5 and won as the Russians in DTF12 "Not One Step Back"

Thanks to Chuck Hammond and Chad Cummins from Hazardous Movement who released their new HazMo2 pack. The scenarios were well played and received. Some of the scenarios are tricky and have a larger than average learning curve - just the way I like it. They are also very replayable.

Thanks to all the players for making the trek. Most everyone was vaccinated/boostered. A couple of players who were not graciously agreed to a get a test. I appreciate the effort to make everyone as comfortable as could be expected.

A full update later...

Steve
Congrats Bill. Damn it must have been a great time. Next year DAMN IT!!!

PS NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great to see you again Vic. Also great to see Dr. Rob again and all of whole gang. I really missed Albany last year. I enjoyed all my games and the camaraderie of a fine group of people. Thanks to Steve for organizing things and keeping everyone on track. A big thanks to Joe for handling some serious adversity from the hotel management and for making an awesome diorama. While I didn't win anything in the raffle for the first time (thanks to Steve's new and clearly malfunctioning raffle drawing app), there was some cool stuff in the raffle as always. Congrats to Bill on the win. I was psyched to win the 'Balls' award, I will display them (I mean it) with pride!
-Paul