ALBANY LIVE IS BACK!

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Hmmmmm,.... upper state New York and New England in December.

Sounds like a interesting reason to vacay in the USA post Cov-eh (Hey! Settle down, I'm Canadian).
I grew up about 90 minutes south of Montreal. As a kid, all of our TV came over the air from Canada. Stan and Jan in the morning, Beachcombers in the afternoon, and Hockey Night in Canada in the evenings. I am as much Canadian as I am American :D -- jim

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I grew up about 90 minutes south of Montreal. As a kid, all of our TV came over the air from Canada. Stan and Jan in the morning, Beachcombers in the afternoon, and Hockey Night in Canada in the evenings. I am as much Canadian as I am American :D -- jim
Listened to CKLW out of Windsor growing up.That's how I came to appreciate Motown.😊

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NYS-ASL WEBSITE is being eliminated.
Attention all Albany-ites,
We’re taking down our website.
we’ll disseminate information through Gamesquad Forums and the Advancing Squad leader page on Facebook.
Joe Leoce

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
NYS-ASL WEBSITE is being eliminated.
Attention all Albany-ites,
We’re taking down our website.
we’ll disseminate information through Gamesquad Forums and the Advancing Squad leader page on Facebook.
Joe Leoce
Sorry to hear that Joe. It was the authoritative place for information on Albany, especially Tournament SSR and such. It will be missed. -- jim

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I tested positive for anti-bodies in early 2020, I got a copy of the positive lab result.

However, if someone wants to be deceptive, it us easy to just go online and buy a fake vaccine card ( Google it)

My legit card is just an index card with the Pfizer batch number, dates and Walgreen's pharmacist signature.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I don't think I can force proof. I think I will have to trust that people will be honest with me. Someone could choose to show proof if they desired - maybe everyone will do this. I don't think I can accept the responsibility of guaranteeing that someone is 100% safe...
Steve
Why should it be?
Who's to say they don't have some other communicable disease?

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why should it be?
Who's to say they don't have some other communicable disease?
When you run an event you can make any rules you like. I am trying to walk the line between keeping people reasonably safe and not accepting the role of police. If I don't do enough I will lose too many attendees. The feedback so far is pretty clear on this...
Steve

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
When you run an event you can make any rules you like. I am trying to walk the line between keeping people reasonably safe and not accepting the role of police. If I don't do enough I will lose too many attendees. The feedback so far is pretty clear on this...
Steve
No issues here
I'm sure those in the fence will make their own choices.
If players aren't vaccinated what is the procedure?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ALBANY IS PROUD TO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY HAZARDOUS MOVEMENT FOR THE RELEASE OF THEIR NEW SCENARIO PACK!

What an honor to have been selected by Hazardous Movement as the release point
for their second offering. Albany attendees will be the first to get these into their hands and onto the table. The first pack was great
and this new one will offer more of the same type of challenging and exciting scenarios we’ve been playing from their first.

So come prepared to get yours…and some for your ASL comrades…without shipping costs! Albany doesn’t currently accept credit card payments but cash or check will work just fine.

ALBANY continues to offer the best ASL gaming experience you can have and now
It offers even more value.

We hope to see you there in a few short months!

Joe Leoce

phlegm027

Reaction score

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ALBANY IS PROUD TO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY HAZARDOUS MOVEMENT FOR THE RELEASE OF THEIR NEW SCENARIO PACK!

What an honor to have been selected by Hazardous Movement as the release point
for their second offering. Albany attendees will be the first to get these into their hands and onto the table. The first pack was great
and this new one will offer more of the same type of challenging and exciting scenarios we’ve been playing from their first.

So come prepared to get yours…and some for your ASL comrades…without shipping costs! Albany doesn’t currently accept credit card payments but cash or check will work just fine.

ALBANY continues to offer the best ASL gaming experience you can have and now
It offers even more value.

We hope to see you there in a few short months!

Joe Leoce
The honor is all ours, Joe! Albany is a fantastic tournament I've attended in the past and very much enjoyed, both for the high level of friendly competition as well as for the camaraderie! And that kind of event takes real organization and hard work. Thank you for allowing Hazmo to be a proud sponsor of NY ASL Championship (aka simply "Albany")! Assuming all goes well this year - and there's no reason it shouldn't - we would not be opposed to making Albany the site of our annual scenario pack release, since that is the pace that we're envisioning right now . . . :)

I talked to Chad several times today and it is our goal to make this pack (even) better than the last. And in the future one or both of us should be able to make the event in person!

Best,

CH

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is awesome. The first HazMo pack is excellent. I have played almost every single scenario in the pack...
Steve
Thanks so much for taking Hazmo Pack 1 for a spin, Steve. We're so happy you enjoyed it. And know that we're devoting all our efforts to making this pack even better than the last! :)

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks so much for taking Hazmo Pack 1 for a spin, Steve. We're so happy you enjoyed it. And know that we're devoting all our efforts to making this pack even better than the last! :)
It's clear you put a lot of effort in the first pack. If the second is better, that is exciting, for sure.
Steve

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it still the plan to have a virtual option for the tournament? We're about 60 days out - just trying to plan activities for the rest of the year.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it still the plan to have a virtual option for the tournament? We're about 60 days out - just trying to plan activities for the rest of the year.
It was never the plan to have a virtual option for the event beyond the first round. I am giving people the option to play the first round virtually in case they can't arrive on Thursday...
Steve

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve,
Okay, thanks for the clarification. In re-reading the original post, it wasn't clear what the "virtual" piece would be, so I figured I'd ask. I enjoyed the VASL version last year, so was hoping to participate again this year since I can't make the trip north. Maybe one day...