Albany ASLSK Event IS ON!!

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was asked several weeks ago by the (SERIOUSLY) great Steve Pleva to help him get an SK presence kick-started at this years New York State ASL Championship Tournament. I gave him a list of scenarios for each round and some discussion on SK things. Sadly I had already committed to present at a conference that weekend. I told him to get with Joe Joseph Gochinski and Mitch Abrams to see if they could help manage things and also drag some of their SK players up with them from the south eastern New England area.

But attending ASLOK recently has rekindled my passion for SK, so I cancelled my conference schedule and WILL be going to the event!! Joe and Mitch will still be running things - I will just be a rules question resource if needed. I will be there from Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon.

NOTE: If we can get at least 6 SK PTO familiar+ players in attendance on Friday (preferably) or Sunday (if necessary), I would be happy to give my SK PTO Bootcamp presentation that I did at the Texas ASL Tournament this summer. The attendees would then all play the same scenario from that pack while I roamed around mentoring and answering questions.

For those that have never been to an ASL Tournament (almost all of you presumably) these are NOT CUT-THROAT EVENTS!!! They are fun and sociable opportunities to play and learn ASL(SK). Don't be shy - come on out!!

For those that can make it up on Thursday, Steve Pleva will be giving TWO 1-hour sessions, one on attacking and one on defending!! This man is probably the greatest ASL player in history, so he has a thing or two he can share!

HALF PRICE ADMISSION FOR SK PLAYERS!!

Hope to see you there in just 9 weeks!!

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

Kevin is spot on with this!! There will be more from Mitch and myself soon, about ASLSK at Albany.

Thanks
Joe

MitchA

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is some additonal information regarding the ASLSK Tournament in Albany.
The SK tournament will conclude at the end of Saturday, 7 Dec. 2019.
Advanced Squad Leader New York State Championship
The Albany Advanced Squad Leader New York State Championship has a long and storied history. It is one of the preeminent tournament events on the ASL_calendar.
It just got better! This is to announce that the tournament will also, for the first time, be having an ASLSK component. It will take the shape of a tournament and the particulars are shown below.
  1. The tournament will be comprise of four rounds. For those only participating for one day it will be condensed to comprise 3 rounds.
  2. You must play Round 1 initially and progress through to Round 4, however, the rounds can be played at a player’s convenience during the tournament. There are no set times.
  3. Prior to play ensure that you see the Tournament Director (TD) so it will be recorded and count for a valid game.
  4. If a player needs to be matched with another player please see the TD so that a suitable player can be matched as winning players in earlier rounds need to play other winning players in earlier rounds.
  5. The normal cost of attending and playing in the Full Advanced Squad Leader tournament is $50 however, to attend and play in the Starter Kit Tournament the cost is $25.
How to register: In order to register you must send a check to:
Joe Leoce
39 Ashton Drive
Staten Island, NY 10312
Email: asl726@aol.com
This includes:
a. FOUR days of ASL play starting Thursday December 5th.
b. TWO free 1 hour training session with STEVEN PLEVA. One hour session learning how to attack and a one hour session learning how to defend on THURSDAY morning and THURSDAY afternoon.
c. A THREE to FIVE round SK tournament (based on number of entrants) with a first place prize diorama trophy by Joe Leoce.
  1. Depending on the number of participants, Kevin Boles (one of our Tournament Directors) has agreed to give a PTO Bootcamp. This is an invaluable experience - not to be missed!
  2. Sign up at http://nys-asl.com/
  3. Hotel information: The Best Western Albany Airport Hotel
200 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205
Phone (518-458-1000)
$80/night for the room which includes free
breakfast.

Here are the Rounds and the Scenarios:
Round 1:
Purple Heart Lane - S19 MMP Site
A Ridge Too Far - S17 MMP Site
War of the Rats - S2 Starter Kit #1
Round 2:
Prelude to Festung Brest - S7 MMP Site
Priority Target - S17 Starter Kit #2
Goring’s Men - S32 Operations #53
Round 3:
Clearing Colleville - S5 Starter Kit #1
Hetzer Hunters - RPT#15 Rally Point #2
To Be Announced
Round 4:
Few and Far Between - S33 Operations #2
To Be Announced
Baking Bread - S18 MMP Site

Please note that by mutual consent of the two players ANY scenario can be played in place of those shown in each round. The listed scenarios are not put in as a prohibition against players wanting to change it up a bit. We’re good with that. Also, if you can only make one day - you can still participate in the tournament and not play every round. That's still okay!

We are striving for a fun and challenging environment - but FUN! It does not matter what level you are currently at. Each round has challenge and scope for any level of player. Most of the scenarios are currently available or have been available for some time. We have chosen many from the MMP site for download so no one should feel that they are at any disadvantage. All scenarios will be available for attendees at the tournament. Those scenarios marked “To Be Announced” are from a forthcoming scenario pack by Joe Gochinski , one of our Tournament Directors. If there are any questions please direct them to Mitch Abrams at mhabrams@comcast.net.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Albany is honored and excited to add this new element to our tournament. We hope to see many new players join the ranks of our attendees
this year and for years to come.
Joe Leoce

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another reminder to get SK players to make the trip to Albany this December 5th through 8th! Check out other posts on this thread for LOTS OF GREAT OFFERINGS AND DETAILS!

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, I will conduct an hour long seminar on how to defend in ASL at 11am on Thursday. The concepts will work for SK as well as full ASL. Let me know if you are interested in attending.
Thanks,
Steve

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

Was in attendance on Saturday, had a great time!! Great to see scenarios being played and having a chance to "catch up" with old friends!!

ASLSK is already planned for Albany 2020 :)

Thanks
Joe