ALBANY 2019 DATES SET...THURSDAY 12/5-SUNDAY 12/8

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve,
I played 5 of these and enjoyed all the scenarios against highly skilled players. Here is my take on them:
  • with Dan Stanhagen - Draconian Measures - for skilled germans adding an 8-1 leader and 447/lmg makes it competitive. Awesome scenario!
  • with Mike Hershey - Bandits - we played taking out a NKVD 447 and adding four Ukrainian ?. It played pretty close and is a fun scenario.
  • with Jeff Wasserman - Late for chow - we played adding a 546 to reinforcements and bumping up the US San to 4 (which had NE). I won as the US in a close game. Big learning curve for the US in this one.
  • with John McDiarmid - The Closer - we played adding a 457 canadian. It came down to a duel between a sherman and hull down Pz4. After two hull hits the germans won. Had one hit the turret and killed, it would have been a Canadian win. I'd play it again.
  • with Bob Bendis - Emergency Surgery we played straight up. We weren't sure if prisoners counted to the end game VC. If they didn't I won, Steve ruled they did so Bob won. I think the VC should be clarified. I do think this is more challenging for the defender AND they need some good luck turn 1. Still it's fun to play.
Paul

My other game (Charging Chaumont with Bill Carrillo) I think is totally balanced, we just rolled for side.
Interesting tidbit- Paul’s 75* in Emergency Surgery in about three turns killed: one Hellcat in CC, two halftracks with crews,one AC (Greyhound),3 1/3 squads, 8-1, 7-0, mmg. That’s the stuff I remember, possibly a jeep w/ 3-4-7 and FT also.

Last edited:

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
  • with Bob Bendis - Emergency Surgery we played straight up. We weren't sure if prisoners counted to the end game VC. If they didn't I won, Steve ruled they did so Bob won. I think the VC should be clarified. I do think this is more challenging for the defender AND they need some good luck turn 1. Still it's fun to play.
Yes that VC needs clarifying. I think the stress is on "American" not just to separate from Partisan but to indicate that only actual American units count. It is already quite pro US. Allowing prisoners to count in any way makes it very unbalanced.

Seth

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve,
I played 5 of these and enjoyed all the scenarios against highly skilled players. Here is my take on them:
  • with Dan Stanhagen - Draconian Measures - for skilled germans adding an 8-1 leader and 447/lmg makes it competitive. Awesome scenario!
  • with Mike Hershey - Bandits - we played taking out a NKVD 447 and adding four Ukrainian ?. It played pretty close and is a fun scenario.
  • with Jeff Wasserman - Late for chow - we played adding a 546 to reinforcements and bumping up the US San to 4 (which had NE). I won as the US in a close game. Big learning curve for the US in this one.
  • with John McDiarmid - The Closer - we played adding a 457 canadian. It came down to a duel between a sherman and hull down Pz4. After two hull hits the germans won. Had one hit the turret and killed, it would have been a Canadian win. I'd play it again.
Paul

My other game (Charging Chaumont with Bill Cirrillo) I think is totally balanced, we just rolled for side.
Congrats Paul!

I hope to make it to WO for a day or two this year. Save me a game.