ALBANY 2019 DATES SET...THURSDAY 12/5-SUNDAY 12/8

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D6 Draconian Measures
Nice choice for the playlist. This is my favorite DASL scenario. I've put it on the Bitter Ender Playlist a couple of times but nobody have ever played it. I think utilizing 4 DASL boards puts players off. Don't let that happen. This is a fun scenario.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice choice for the playlist. This is my favorite DASL scenario. I've put it on the Bitter Ender Playlist a couple of times but nobody have ever played it. I think utilizing 4 DASL boards puts players off. Don't let that happen. This is a fun scenario.
We will have at least one playing of this scenario, maybe more. I agree it is good. It may be the best DASL scenario out there...
Steve

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are the correct VC for FB18 Red Banner Days:
Victory Conditions: Provided the Axis amass ≤ 26 CVP, the Russians win immediately upon amassing ≥ 26 CVP of German units (only) or at game end by amassing ≥ 12 VP [EXC: the Russians win if both sides reach the CVP limit simultaneously]. CVP are earned only for Personnel/inherent-crew/prisoners, and prisoners are not worth double. The Russians earn 1 VP at game end for each of the following that is east of the A19-B18-F16-G17-L19-M20 road:
• each Good Order Russian non-crew squad-equivalent;
• each non-Recalled, Mobile (D.7) Russian T-34/85 with a functioning MA; and
• each Russian-Controlled building (including completely rubbled buildings).

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The YASL scenario "Recon on the Logging Trail" hasn't been published yet. This scenario uses a new map which also has not been published yet. We will have several copies of the map available so people can play the scenario...

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
203 Hard ROK
ID Bid Points South Korean
A 1 Increase North Korean SAN to 5
B 1 Add one 8-1 AL to the North Korean OB
C 1 Add one DC to the North Korean OB
D 2 Delete one 2-2-7 from the South Korean board 23 OB
E 3 Add one 4-5-8 to the North Korean OB
ID Bid Points North Korean
A 1 Increase South Korean SAN to 4
B 1 Add six Concealment counters to the South Korean OB
C 2 Add one 4-4-7 to the South Korean OB (South Korean secret choice)
D 2 Delete one 4-5-8 from the North Korean OB
E 3 Delete one SU-76M from the North Korean OB
I am guessing that the "South Korean secret choice" refers to assigning the 4-4-7 to the board 10 group or the board 23 group. Should the six Concealment counters choice have the same "South Korean secret choice"?

Thanks.

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am guessing that the "South Korean secret choice" refers to assigning the 4-4-7 to the board 10 group or the board 23 group. Should the six Concealment counters choice have the same "South Korean secret choice"?

Thanks.
Yes, that should be a secret choice as well.
Steve

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are coming and have not received an email from me, please let me know by posting here or PMing me...
Thanks,
Steve

hastrup

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llDenmark
Hi Steve
Not attending this year, but aim for 2020 - one question, where did you see the errata for AP141 "Currie's Favor" changing Canadian entry area from south/ west to south/ east ?
All the best from Denmark
Michael

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Hi Steve
Not attending this year, but aim for 2020 - one question, where did you see the errata for AP141 "Currie's Favor" changing Canadian entry area from south/ west to south/ east ?
Michael
You can find it here on GS and I believe on the MMP web page.

hastrup

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llDenmark
Hi Paul - I would really like to attend next year - lets se how things add up :)
Michael

aloha_brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Michael, on the MMP website the errata is on the page for AP14 and not on the 'normal' errata page.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Hi Steve
Michael
Aha - thinking of using AP141 At Copenhagen Open, are we? ?

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Hi Steve
One question, where did you see the errata for AP141 "Currie's Favor" changing Canadian entry area from south/ west to south/ east ?
Michael
Michael,
You should have asked me instead of Steve :) .
I cannot claim to have been the one to detect this error, but almost :) . I was namely sitting on the opposite side of Wild Bill setting up my cunning Canadian Attack when Bill said "you cannot enter from there". I thought attacking from the west was an absolutely great idea as Bill, who had playtested the scenario, had no troops there. So to prevent my win he changed the entry area from West to East, and I lost the game :) .
This was the second game played at ASLOK this year. The first game was Bill against me in AP135, Fuller's Follies, another absolutely great scenario which would also fit beautifully into the ASO 2020 rostrum :).

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reminder, I will do a one hour defense seminar at Thursday 11:00am. We will discuss general defense principles. Also, we will discuss detailed setups for the scenario FrF89 "Red Tears Shed on Gray". Please familiarize yourself with this scenario to get most out of the session. Even better if you brought a Russian setup with you. PM me if you'd like to attend. I have room for a few more guys. It should be fun and instructive...
Steve

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Reminder, I will do a one hour defense seminar at Thursday 11:00am. We will discuss general defense principles. Also, we will discuss detailed setups for the scenario FrF89 "Red Tears Shed on Gray". Please familiarize yourself with this scenario to get most out of the session. Even better if you brought a Russian setup with you. PM me if you'd like to attend. I have room for a few more guys. It should be fun and instructive...
Steve
I wish I could be there for that. It would have cost me another night of hotel, however, or driving in the dark.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve
Post the video! First in series...

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Steve
what an excellent choice!!!!

ha ha, hope it was good for those who listened to Steve. Any updates on the tournament after day 1 ?