Aircraft rocket rules

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

These aircraft are hiding somewhere in the clouds and despite my radar are not to be seen.

I would like to know if someone has the information using aircraft rockets.

Also like to thank people, who responded to my "use of air support" quierry

This will be used in a free mini CG which will be quite a battle ...>>>>

Hausser

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
There are no official rocket rules. BFP have introduced them and their associated rules and (DRM) tables in BTB2, B&J and CoS as third party extensions.

So baring adopting them, use ASL bombs as generic aircraft ordnance.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
IMHO the best way to recreate them would be assign a calibre to the rockets. When fired they roll on the Area Target Type and resolved normally for that type of attack.
IF a CH isw scored then use the penetration value on the areal AF to achieve a kill.
Rockets were really very inefffective against armour. More siccess against soft targets and woefully inaccurate.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are no official rocket rules. BFP have introduced them and their associated rules and (DRM) tables in BTB2, B&J and CoS as third party extensions.

So baring adopting them, use ASL bombs as generic aircraft ordnance.
I don't remember the rules from HOB nor BFP, but I do remember I didn't like them. IIRC, they were a lot of rules that led to not a lot of final difference from the end result of a bomb attack.

I think the way to design them is to reverse engineer starting from how they affected the targets, and how often they did affect a target. That's as far as I'm willing to go right now off the top of my head. What says the crowd?