Aircraft Attacks vs. Concealed Units

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I dug up a few old threads on this subject and the answers varied to questions similar to those that I will pose. Let's see if I understand this...

A) An aircraft wants to attack an infantry unit moving (AM or not) through an Open Ground hex. The unit is '?' and out of all on-ground enemy LOS.
1) The Sighting TC will receive the -2DRM for "Target is not entirely ?/HIP", as well as any other applicable ones. Correct?
2) The MG attack will not be halved for Concealment. Correct?
3) The bomb TH DR will not receive the +2 Concealed Target DRM. Correct?

B) An aircraft wants to attack an infantry unit moving (AM or not) through a Grain (Orchard, Brush, etc) hex. The unit is '?' and out of all on-ground enemy LOS.
1) The Sighting TC will not receive the -2DRM for "Target is not entirely ?/HIP", as well as any other applicable ones. Correct?
2) The MG attack will be halved for Concealment. Correct?
3) The bomb TH DR will receive the +2 Concealed Target DRM. Correct?

Fingers crossed that I got this right. Fairly straightforward when everyone is running around up front, somewhat trickier (for me) when everyone is running around concealed behind the MLR.

Thanks for any guidance!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A1 Yes.
A2-A3 This has never been clear to me because of where the rule is placed. This Q&A suggests that a moving unit would be treated as unconcealed:

q&a said:
E7.25 An airplane passed a Sighting TC versus a Concealed Target (infantry or an AFV), does Case K (C6.2) apply to the TH DR?
A. Yes, unless the target is moving in open ground.
Is a concealed unit moving in open ground considered “entirely concealed” for purposes of the Sighting TC?
A. Not concealed for purposes of Sighting TC either.
B1-B3 Yes.

JR

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
A1 Yes.
A2-A3 This has never been clear to me because of where the rule is placed. This Q&A suggests that a moving unit would be treated as unconcealed:

B1-B3 Yes.

JR
Yes, the Q&A does seem to unmuddy the waters.