AFV start up/Bounding First Fire vs Infantry with LMG

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My stopped Open Topped Armored Car is adjacent to a squad will LMG.

My question is about the sequence of events if I want to fire my CMG and IFE against the squad on/before my Start MP in the MPh.

Can the infantry fire back on the IFT and/or make a To Hit attempt with the LMG? Which side would resolve its shots first? Is this some kind of Gun Duel (which I loose) ?

Thanks

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This is precisely the kind of gun duel.
It is the only time the Defender may claim a gun duel.
The can do either or both but obviously inly if they are the target of your shot.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't know why you would think you may automatically loose a Gun Duel, unless you'd have had to turn your TCA/VCA to fire? Only firer-based DRMs are counted to determine the Gun Duel and if firing the CMG/IFE on the IFT only, they may be halved but if retaining the required CA would incur no firer based DRMs [EXC: perhaps if you were under a +1 Stunned result].

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Don't know why you would think you may automatically loose a Gun Duel, unless you'd have had to turn your TCA/VCA to fire? Only firer-based DRMs are counted to determine the Gun Duel and if firing the CMG/IFE on the IFT only, they may be halved but if retaining the required CA would incur no firer based DRMs [EXC: perhaps if you were under a +1 Stunned result].
For Gun Duel purposes any non-ordnance weapons are calculated as if ordnance. So the vehicle would be probably be looking at a minumum of +4 (Case B and C).

C2.2401:
"...The order of fire for non-ordnance/SW is determined as if it were ordnance..."