AFV MA MG intensive fire in Prep

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have seen a couple of discussions on this.

Is there a Perry Sez, Journal errata... on whether an AFV's MG main armament can perform an intensive fire Prep Fire, To Hit on an enemy AFV.

Thanks,
Rich

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I think it can Intensive Fire - assuming the MA MG needs to make a TH attempt (and is therefore firing as Ordnance.

Only a Gun can Intensive Fire (C5.6). Here's the definition of Gun in the index:

Gun (for firing purposes, any Weapon on a 5/8" Counter currently firing as Ordnance; for non-firing purposes, any non-vehicular weapon on a 5/8" counter): C2.1​
This seems to preclude a MA MG from IF except that the definition of Ordnance is as follows:

Ordnance (any Weapon which must score a hit on a To Hit Table before rolling again on the IFT or To Kill Table to resolve that hit): C.2​

A bit convoluted, but the AFV MA MG is on a 5/8" counter and meets the requirements (so long as it requires a TH attempt): it is a Weapon and Ordnance and, thus, a Gun.

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There are these q&a that were officially published:

q&a said:
C5.6 May a vehicular-mounted MG/ATR/light-MTR use Intensive Fire?
A. Yes, if it is MA. Such a weapon is considered a Gun (C2.1). [An93a; An95w; An96; Mw]
C5.6 May an ATTACKER/DEFENDER (vehicular) Gun use Intensive Fire during the MPh?
A. Yes, unless otherwise prohibited. [An93b; An96; Mw]
I think some of the rules were tidied up a bit so they conform with these q&a, but I don't remember for sure.

JR

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Not during the PFPh, IIRC.
As usual, you do recall correctly! Thanks for the clarification (though I was speaking "in general" and not referring to the PFPh). The offending sentence has been forcefully removed, flogged, and thrown into the dungeon.

Last edited: