AFV into woods

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
As per B13.41 VEHICLES: Any vehicle may enter a woods hex without using Road or VBM by expending all of its movement capability (other than for starting [D2.12], stopping [D2.13], towing [C10.1] and even if using Minimum Move) to enter that hex and then making a Bog DR.

Is this "movement capability" equal to "MP allotment"? i.e. may an AC move 2 hexes and then move into a woods hex spending his remaining MPs? or he has to start his movement adjacent to enter into the woods, spending ALL of his MP allotment (apart from start/stop)?

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
i.e. may an AC move 2 hexes and then move into a woods hex spending his remaining MPs? or he has to start his movement adjacent to enter into the woods, spending ALL of his MP allotment (apart from start/stop)?
No. Yes.

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So maybe a better writing for the rule would be "... by expending all of its MP allotment (except those needed for starting [D2.12], stopping [D2.13], towing [C10.1] and even if using Minimum Move) to enter that hex and then making a Bog Dr"

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The rule says, "all of its movement capability," and not, "all of its remaining movement capability," so that covers both MF and MP allotments. Although "capability" is not formally defined, it seems good enough to me. YMMV.

JR