The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
That is a good one!
B23.9221 refers to 23.711, which speaks of breaching the black bar of rowhouses.
B23.9221 ... A Breach may be created in a Fortified Building hexside as per 23.711
B23.711 ... A Breach is also created whenever an AFV drives through a black bar without causing rubble as per 23.41.
No mention is made of entering or exiting the Fortified building location.
Just driving through the hexside.
So I would consider that an AFV simply crossing a Fortified building hexside, whether entering the building or exiting it breaches it.
The only difference would be that, if the AFV is exiting the Fortified building Location and not directly entering another building Location, there would be no risk of falling into a cellar or causing rubble.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
  • Does an AFV exiting a fortified building location create a Breach?
Some CGs disallow AFVs from exiting a fortified building when they set up there (e.g. Red Barricades CG4, Festung Budapest CG4). Otherwise I agree that a vehicle creates a breach both when entering and exiting.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I agree with Robin & JRV. B23.9221 talks of hexsides but not of the direction from which these can be crossed. Thus it should not matter unless otherwise disallowed (by SSR or CG rules) IMHO.

von Marwitz

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I agree also that an AFV moving out of a fortified building location would create a breach. I would always play it that way.

That being said, B23.711 which talks about an AFV creating a breach, while it only talks about traversing a hexside, it also references back to B23.41 when talking about the mechanics of the AFV breach. B23.41 only talks about *entering* a building hex.

If someone wanted to, there is an legalistic rules argument to be made that it has to happen upon entry only, and I would be hard pressed to point to a definitive rule citation to counter it.