AFV Enter/Exit Building Questions

jw69

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a vehicle enters a building using its full movement allowance (to avoid the +3 or +4 bog check drm), may it also spend 1 MP to start and 1 MP to stop, or must it remain in motion?

If an AFV exits a factory (requiring a bog check per B23.742) and moves directly into another factory hex in a different building, I believe it must take 2 bog checks: one to exit the current factory and one to enter the new factory building.

Can it perform this as a minimum move, expending all MPs and thereby voiding the +3 or +4 drm to enter a building at half-movement allowance? Can it spend 1 MP to stop in the new hex, or must it remain in motion

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A vehicle may not avoid the +3/+4 entry of building bog DRM.

Unless an owned vehicle entrance in a factory.

Last edited:

jw69

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to the example in D8.2, a vehicle can avoid the +3 drm for entering woods at half MP allotment by making a minimum move.

The list in D8.21 specifies that the +3 or +4 drm for entering woods, rubble, buildings, etc only apply when entered expending half MP allowance.

Its unclear to me whether or not a vehicle making such a minimum move can still expend 1 stop MP, or if it can perform a minimum move to void the extra drm while simultaneously exiting a factory and immediately entering a new (different) factory hex.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to the example in D8.2, a vehicle can avoid the +3 drm for entering woods at half MP allotment by making a minimum move.

The list in D8.21 specifies that the +3 or +4 drm for entering woods, rubble, buildings, etc only apply when entered expending half MP allowance.

Its unclear to me whether or not a vehicle making such a minimum move can still expend 1 stop MP, or if it can perform a minimum move to void the extra drm while simultaneously exiting a factory and immediately entering a new (different) factory hex.
No, it only works in woods (and I think jungle because, to some degree, woods=jungle, so I’m 95% sure on the jungle thing but don’t feel like looking it up).

Last edited:

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D2.7 says a unit that has to spend ALL MP can still start and stop. But a unit making a Minimum Move can't stop, D2.15.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
No, it only works in woods (and I think jungle because, to some degree, woods=jungle, so I’m 95% sure on the jungle thing but don’t feel like looking it up).
You are correct. Though Dense Jungle adds its own Bog DRM...

G2.211 EX:
"EX: An M4 Sherman tank that enters dense jungle by expending half of its printed allotment (B13.42) while not using a road or TB receives a +6 Bog DRM (+3 [entry using half its MP allotment] +2 [dense jungle] +1 [normal ground pressure] = +6). If it instead enters by expending its entire MP allotment (B13.41) it will receive a +3 Bog DRM (+2 [dense jungle] +1 [normal ground pressure] = +3)...."

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are correct. Though Dense Jungle adds its own Bog DRM...

G2.211 EX:
"EX: An M4 Sherman tank that enters dense jungle by expending half of its printed allotment (B13.42) while not using a road or TB receives a +6 Bog DRM (+3 [entry using half its MP allotment] +2 [dense jungle] +1 [normal ground pressure] = +6). If it instead enters by expending its entire MP allotment (B13.41) it will receive a +3 Bog DRM (+2 [dense jungle] +1 [normal ground pressure] = +3)...."
I remember once I was playing McGrath and had this tank crash into a jungle hex. To both our surprises I rolled snakeeyes on the bog check for a very useful but most unexpected trail break through the dense jungle. McGrath recovered nicely though and won after a small inconvenience.

Last edited: