AFV Circled R with an asterisk

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't find any reference to what the asterisk is for. Searching yielded no results. Thanks.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, I get it. I thought for some reason that ALL Circled R AFVs had a radio after a certain date.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
An asterisk refers to something in the Ordnance/Vehicle Note.

C2.9:
"...Similarly, a small “*” on the counter also indicates some characteristic of the item next to it, but in this case the appropriate Vehicle or Gun Listing Note in Chapter H must be consulted (such an * on a counter corresponds to a “†” in the Listing Notes)...."

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There are three types of asterisk/stars on counters. There is the five-pointed star for unarmored facing. A five-pointed star/asterisk other than for unarmored facing indicates the player should see a note on the reverse side of the counter [C2.9]. There can be more information on the matter in the vehicle/ordnance notes. A six-pointed asterisk indicates that there is a note in the vehicle/ordnance notes but not on the reverse of the counter. For Radioless AFVs this note usually means that the vehicles acquires radios as of some date.

JR

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't forget the 4-pointed (throwing) star, to denote ninjas.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are three types of asterisk/stars on counters. There is the five-pointed star for unarmored facing. A five-pointed star/asterisk other than for unarmored facing indicates the player should see a note on the reverse side of the counter [C2.9]. There can be more information on the matter in the vehicle/ordnance notes. A six-pointed asterisk indicates that there is a note in the vehicle/ordnance notes but not on the reverse of the counter. For Radioless AFVs this note usually means that the vehicles acquires radios as of some date.

JR
I guess my issue was I never realized that some AFVs never got radios. I knew where to look, I just wasn't parsing the information correctly.