After FIVE years -say what?!!!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got a shock today...

My lvl 68 character "Palan'tier" whom I've played now for 5 years no longer existed!!
He was RENAMED by the Mods for "Name Code Vilolation." What the ****!
He was given some dumb a** auto generated name... :mad:

I'm appealing it but if I lose it will cost me 1000 TP to change it to something respectable, I'm appealing that too. I have to pay for something like that, I don't even get a free name change even with it being a F2P game? LMAO!!! :cry:

For the record from the Sindarian:
Palan = he who wanders
Tier = he who watches
(Hes a Hunter go figure...)
Not "far seeing" which is: Palantiri (no hyphen).

I can see it as far as being "close" but come on, after FIVE YEARS?!
I'm not holding out much hope as anal as the LotR guys are, including me... now the search for another name begins- yikes!

Btw- how did I find out? I tried sending an item in-game to him from my wifes account/character and it said, "invalid recpient." :crosseye:
Not even a note telling me it was changed or why...
:bite:

Oh and, I chose my handle "Palantir" when I became a MOD here because I liked LotR and I was "over seeing" a forum - get it "over/far seeing..."
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turbine support is totally out of control now. They don't do anything about the heavy bugs but player harassment is at an all time high.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got the reply to my appeal….

A lovely fully automated response stating the policy including how to BUY a new name if I wanted one. I’m deeply touched by their concern with my issue.

Really, you’d think that the “real” person who read my appeal would have at least replied “personally” back but nope, not even one word just the policy sent to me… scheech.

Great PR there Turbine and doing nothing to help the reputation of Middle Earth & the “Fellowship Theme.”