After Action Report Contest!

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gentlemen
It is time to have our first After Action Report Contest(AAR)!
I am looking for one other person to help judge this event, which will end on December 25, 2008 with: 1)1000 Bonus points :joy:
2) A Shiney Medal:vsign:
3) I will throw in a $10.00 Canadian(others may add to the kitty if they wish):shock:
4) I will alos find a plack/trophy and have it shipped to where ever necessary.:vegguitar::bandrum::redapple:
5) I will ask Don Maddox if there is a GS prize a mug or something that could also be thrown in.

If others wish to donate any amount...I will hold it till the end.
Myself and who ever judges with myself will not be allowed to enter.
Once a month or so I will bring this back to everyones attention.

Thank you
2054172:smoke:

Let me know here what you think.

Last edited:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this H2H only? Or could it also be against the AI? I assume it's H2H, but for those who might not have a clue, so you might need to bring that to light or this may not come to fruition :hush:

Kineas

Colonel General
Reaction score
Country
llHungary
sign you up also?:smoke::)
Not yet - I don't want to make commitments what I'm not sure I can fulfill. But the idea is good, M.Dorosh also wants/wanted to organize something of the sort.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not yet - I don't want to make commitments what I'm not sure I can fulfill. But the idea is good, M.Dorosh also wants/wanted to organize something of the sort.
Well I have given lots of time to do one and screen shots or movies would also work. There is rumblings that GS would publish the best also....I will leave that for Scortt to talk about.:smoke:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think this is a great idea for a contest! In fact, I would like to post the winning AAR as a feature article on the front of the GS site. All I ask that is be readable/understandable by those who may not be familiar with CM (i.e., try to avoid shorthand jargon and such) and that there are a few screenshots taken of the action that could be incorporated into the AAR (.jpg 1048x762). And, needless to say, make it entertaining. :D

Any questions?

Lurker

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea for a contest! In fact, I would like to post the winning AAR as a feature article on the front of the GS site. All I ask that is be readable/understandable by those who may not be familiar with CM (i.e., try to avoid shorthand jargon and such) and that there are a few screenshots taken of the action that could be incorporated into the AAR (.jpg 1048x762). And, needless to say, make it entertaining. :D

Any questions?
This could be a very good idea. It might generate some new interest for CM from the unenlightened.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
O and just in case you guys would like to see a good example of some great AAR's, here are my favorite:

Boff vs The Purist - The German View(btw, if anybody recognizes this scenario, please tell me so that I can play it, please)
I do believe that one is a creation of mine in CMBO & in the downloads section: KM- Elle Ridge (Rd3 "Three Months in France" Tournament) Bogdan & I created and play-tested all the scenarios for that tourney.

Last edited: