Aerial Location

J P

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For purposes of O.B.A. what constitutes a non-aerial location? For example: I have LOS to enemy units in the 2nd level of a building but do not have LOS to the ground level of that building, does that mean the units in my LOS are therefore in an aerial location? (rules C1.333 and C1.334)

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Amazing that 'aerial Location' isn't defined anywhere in the Rules, eh?

Aerial Range is always double the hex range, however; I'd assume that since range to a 2nd level Location is 'normal' range, the 2nd level isn't an 'aerial Location'.

How's that for figuring out something backwards. . .

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A "non-aerial" location is one that is not a air plane, glider, or parachute.

Just MHO.... :cool:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think they're trying to say that a spotter can only adjust an FFE1/2 to a non-aerial location that did/does contain an enemy unit. In other words, the OBA spotter can't adjust a fire mission to a location if the only enemy unit there is a glider, FB, or some other aerial unit (since only an aerial unit can occupy an aerial location as far I know). Though descending paratroops might be a good case in point. Take it easy,
rk

da priest

Reaction score
jp said:
..Would realy like to meet the guy(s) that wrote these rules some day!
Well, save up your money, in about 5 years, with version 3.178 of the rule book, you'll be able to meet him, but he lives in Scandanavia.:devil: