Advice on exiting a Landing Craft

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
During my military service (Navy and Marine Corps) I was a crew member for a LCVP LC on the USS Fremont (APA).
My suggestion to exit a LC
MOVE VERY FAST, the entrance with the ramp down was a murder hole. (not reflected in ASL Rules).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
MOVE VERY FAST, the entrance with the ramp down was a murder hole. (not reflected in ASL Rules).
Perhaps a little reflected?

G12.674:
"Vs the Collateral effects of a non-Aerial attack conducted as per 12.61/12.62 from within the VCA of a LC whose ramp is down, all of that LC’s Vehicle and Infantry Stacks [EXC: the BU PRC of Passenger AFV; all ⅝" counters beneath the top-most AFV (or AFV wreck) in the Vehicle Stack] are considered Vulnerable as if that LC’s front Target Facing were unarmored."

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
On another subject anyone know why landing craft were not given smoke dispensers? It would have made playing these scenarios a lot easier.............
To be fair to the navy, how often have you been to the beach when it WASN'T super windy? I'm no expert but I'm not sure how effective smoke screens from the things you could fit onto a landing craft (without cutting into the passenger capacity) would have been in such conditions.