Adventure Time

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, the other day I finally got myself a Netflix account and being the anime/cartoon watching person that I am I began surfing their collections. While I was browsing I remembered that there was one cartoon currently airing that seems to be incredibly popular. It is called Adventure Time which airs on Cartoon Network. The few friends that I have all tell me that it's a great show with a lot of solid comedy. However, I was always put off by the animation of the show it just looked/looks... weird. But, being the anime/cartoon watching fiend that I am, I decided to watch season 1, which is the only one Netflix has out of an apparent 5 seasons currently available. I am currently half way through this series and I really do not know what to make of it. It has its moments and then doesn't. Right now I feel like it's Dungeon & Dragons meets fart jokes. However, I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the animation, it is really crisp though I still struggle with the character designs and all that. So I ask, does anyone else watch this show and what do they think of it?

Here is a synopsis and some clips for those who have never seen it:

A human boy and his brother - a magical dog - set out to become righteous adventurers in the Land of Ooo.
[video=youtube;aQjBiNjXuag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQjBiNjXuag&feature=share&list=CLFs8Pye4XZ_4[/video]

[video=youtube_share;auYmB093i18]http://youtu.be/auYmB093i18[/video]

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I love it. I watch it with my daughter and I enjoy the surreal weirdness. Whoever put that show together has a twisted imagination.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I love it. I watch it with my daughter and I enjoy the surreal weirdness. Whoever put that show together has a twisted imagination.
Nah, Ren & Stimpy is twisted. This show is more along the lines of Ventrue Bros. twisted lol...

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nah, Ren & Stimpy is twisted. This show is more along the lines of Ventrue Bros. twisted lol...
Perhaps it would feel weirder if I were to tell you that it was set in the real post-apocalypse world?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've come across a few episodes. Eh. I was hoping it was going to be like a re-imagined D&D type of show, but it isn't. It is just plain weird. Strictly kids stuff AFAIAC.