Advancing Fire Team - Biazza Ridge

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Pity I think making purchases is one the most attractive features of CGs. Otherwise there is a risk that the CG becomes just a programmed long scenario. But that remains to be seen, looking forward to see/buy the product anyway.

/s
We chose to do so because it was the best way to model the battle in Biazza Ridge. From historical sources we have a company-level detail of the American troops that flowed into the area after air and sea landing with varying success. And we know that the kampfgruppe of Hermann Goring attacked with all its might in the two days of the battle (even if in well documented echelons).

S.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems that this campaign game will be a bit more traditional than the "operational level" stuff that will be featured in Brevity Assault. Is that right?

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
It seems that this campaign game will be a bit more traditional than the "operational level" stuff that will be featured in Brevity Assault. Is that right?
Yes, even if we started to work with that target... for that we designed five HASL map for this pack.

It is not excluded that in the future we will issue an add-on with an operational level CG for this pack

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually yes it's final... but we are open to listen your thoughts since the pack is not yet released

S.
The level 2 green is not all in keeping with the overall color palette, and is very unappealing to the overall effort. It is very out of place. You might search for an alternate.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The level 2 green is not all in keeping with the overall color palette, and is very unappealing to the overall effort. It is very out of place. You might search for an alternate.
Would agree about the colours - are there other choices available?

It must be hard to get it right, Desperation Morale reviewed some Critical Hit products (Cassino was one) and stated they were various shades of brown. That map looks to have gone too far in the other direction? Maybe someone out there has a bright idea as to how to solve the problem............

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am sure some one here (not I) knows the RBG code used for maps like KGP or more recently FB which have a wide range of levels to address...

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I agree. That particular green looks somewhat artificial and toxic.

This was indeed my first thought when I saw the map but now as others also remark upon it, I think it is worth giving a notice in that line here, too.

von Marwitz

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suggest putting a lvl legend somewhere in the corner ?
There is a legend on the right side of his pix he posted, I think you need to click on the pix, when logged in to see the full scope of his pix post.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly

Changing that color is not really a great problem... thanks

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Changing that color is not really a great problem... thanks
Note changing the color of level 2 is the specific item...but then you have to see that change in the whole context of your color-level range. The Meta problem is likely that. You want to pay close attention to the progression of colors. You might want to seek out expert help from the map maker color expert people on this forum. I am not one of those.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Aesthetics is one thing.

This color scheme makes it easy to tell which level is which by just looking at a hex and referring to the legend without having to count up thru the sequence from the bottom. Like @Eagle4ty mentioned, the clear contour lines are a plus as well.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aesthetics is one thing.
This is more than aesthetics. That map ain't good. People talk about "color schemes" for a reason - they facilitate the flow of the game. You don't need to count levels when you just know that they follow a certain progression. "Neon" is rarely part of any map color scheme.

Nobody has mentioned the red/blue/black crest lines. That's just awful.

Tom