Advance Phase

mkirschenbaum

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To me the Advance phase always represented a kind of ASL zen. I'm only half kidding. More than at any other point in the game there's the potential for the most consequence from the least mechanics.

I remember a Squad Leader Clinic on the Advance phase from an old General, but perhaps the subject is worth revisiting.

Last edited:

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[/QUOTE]To me the Advance phase always represented a kind of ASL zen. I'm only half kidding. More than at any other point in the game there's the potential for the most consequence from the least mechanics

Couldn't agree more. The APh is the "pay-off" phase. It's where you get reward for the hard work you did in prep and movement.

Minaya

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
pitman said:
It doesn't matter. MMP has announced that in the next edition of the ASLRB they will eliminate the advance phase. Instead, they will simply incorporate its activities into the movement phase. They said that the advance phase was needless complexity for very little gain, and that there wasn't anything that currently is done in the advance phase that can't be done in the movement phase.
Really? I don't think it is a good idea. Soon we would have people playing two different versions of the game.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>His favorite story is "Gullibles Travels"

Same guy who keeps trying to buy the ASL Annual 94. 24 of the best scenarios I've ever seen. The articles on Close Assault and setting up Impregnable Defenses are invaluable.

da priest

Reaction score
Robert Wolkey said:
>His favorite story is "Gullibles Travels"

Same guy who keeps trying to buy the ASL Annual 94. 24 of the best scenarios I've ever seen. The articles on Close Assault and setting up Impregnable Defenses are invaluable.
Disagree, it was the countersheet with extra Tiger Tank counters in black that did it.:devil:

jorge

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
simply... a system

in my opinion, its simply a matter of convenience. You move in the movement phase, defending units have ample time to fry that uneducated boys, blast them with PB fire, etc... If you survive, you reach CC, or take the extra move. Due to the organization in an ASL player turn, things would seem odd without the Advance phase.