Advance into CC and VCA only MG questions....

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Howdy,

Marty Snow and myself played one of the SoCal pack scenarios this evening ( The Marnach StrongPoint, nice scenario). A couple of questions came up....

Situation 1: A 'zerker has moved into a hex containing his target which is in ambush terrain. A CC counter is placed (i.e. no melee exists). Another unit or units advance into the hex with the 'zerker, CC counter, and other units. The claim was that there is no ambush. A read of the rules to one of us seemed to clearly state that an ambush was possible (A11.4). To the other, it was not as clear and the issue seemed to hinge on what it means to "advance into CC". There was also past playing history which seems to indicate that most folks play it an no ambush possiblity.

The question: Is ambush possible in the above situation? A rules citation would be appreciated.

Question 2: The rules say that manned AAMG and non-VCA restricted CMG can be used by a vehicle in CC. What about a VCA restricted AAMG (ala Stug IIIG)? Logic would dictate no, but this is ASL.....

Thanks
Jazz

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Jazz said:
A read of the rules to one of us seemed to clearly state that an ambush was possible (A11.4).
Well, A11.4 seems pretty clear to me. Ambush possibility in this case. It doesn't become a Melee until the end of the CCPh.

Jazz said:
Question 2: The rules say that manned AAMG and non-VCA restricted CMG can be used by a vehicle in CC. What about a VCA restricted AAMG (ala Stug IIIG)? Logic would dictate no, but this is ASL...
It would appear that such AAMG qualify as manned. I agree with the logic point, though. Is there a Perry Sez on this?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The question: Is ambush possible in the above situation? A rules citation would be appreciated.
Yes, ambush is possible because some units did advance into CC. Note that this has some disadvantages because your Ambush DRM include LAX +1 (because all berserk units are LAX) and Berserk +1.

Question 2: The rules say that manned AAMG and non-VCA restricted CMG can be used by a vehicle in CC. What about a VCA restricted AAMG (ala Stug IIIG)? Logic would dictate no, but this is ASL.....
Logic smogic. Yes, you can use the AA MG. :)

Sam

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Jazz said:
Question 2: The rules say that manned AAMG and non-VCA restricted CMG can be used by a vehicle in CC. What about a VCA restricted AAMG (ala Stug IIIG)? Logic would dictate no, but this is ASL...[

It would appear that such AAMG qualify as manned. I agree with the logic point, though. Is there a Perry Sez on this?
Well, the one (somewhat) complicating factor, in the rules they mention that the counter has a "*CMG:VCA only" notation. On the StugIIIg, the notation is "*MG:VCA only". I suppose we should have looked at another counter that had a VCA only CMG, but we really wanted to just play..... The use or non-use of the AAMG had no affect......