"Adjacent" to a hexside road? (VCs in STL12 "What Doesn't Kill You")

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi all,

The VCs in scenario STL12 "What doesn't kill you" involve units "on or adjacent to the X-Y road". The road contains some hexside roads (it is on board 59).

How should this be interpreted? It seems pretty clear that a hex with one road hexside qualifies; what about a hex that is only adjacent to a hex with a road hexside? (of course, a hex that is adjacent to a normal road hex qualifies)

To be more concrete: hexside 59U7-V7 is a road hexside. Should 59W8 be considered "on or adjacent" to that road?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hi all,

The VCs in scenario STL12 "What doesn't kill you" involve units "on or adjacent to the X-Y road". The road contains some hexside roads (it is on board 59).

How should this be interpreted? It seems pretty clear that a hex with one road hexside qualifies; what about a hex that is only adjacent to a hex with a road hexside? (of course, a hex that is adjacent to a normal road hex qualifies)

To be more concrete: hexside 59U7-V7 is a road hexside. Should 59W8 be considered "on or adjacent" to that road?
Hexside road vs. road hexside: 59U7-V7 is a hexside road, or, officially, a Narrow Street per B31.1. To me a road hexside is a hexside that a road crosses, e.g. 59S5-T5 is a road hexside because the road crosses it from S5 to T5 (onto the bridge).

In the scenario units counting for the VC have to be "on or adjacent to the 59Q10-U7-Q4-Q1 road segment." Since the VC specifically name one of the two hexes (and not the other), I would be inclined to take it at its word and say that U7 is included as part of the "road segment" and V7 and V6 are not. All the other hexes are road hexes, so there isn't any ambiguity for them. None of U7, V6 and V7 is a road hex; they all have Narrow Street hexsides, which leads to the difficulty. The intention seems to me to have a "road segment" mean a line of road hexes plus U7, but I could be wrong.

JR