Ad hoc VASL Opponents Wanted

pjh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi everyone,

I should qualify that I'm still in the 'new' category and still on ASLSK (read through tutorial / rules on #1-#3, haven't played yet with Ordnance or Tanks).

I have a hectic schedule, but I would like to do f2f (face-to-face) on VASL for quick(ish) games, 1-2hrs. With a child and other duties, I find I can't really schedule a time, but I do often find myself magically blessed with some free time (e.g., during naps) -- it isn't reliable enough to schedule something, but it is long enough usually for a quick game (or half a quick game at least). I've been lurking on the Main Room on VASL with the '!' on and hardly ever seem to be able to catch anyone. I've already got two PBEM games going, but I'd like to do something a bit quicker and F2F to really get the rules to stick.

I'm hoping I can find others in a similar situation. If so, you can find me lurking in Main Room on VASL as pjh-laptop, and sometimes lurking in other rooms watching games. If I have '!' on, I'm almost certainly up for a quick game.

Timezone is Central Standard Time.

One added thought: Perhaps there is a better way to catch 'ad hoc' opponents than lurking in Main Room? I've never seen anyone else with the '!' flag used...

All the best,
Peter

sambruzs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cheers Peter

Sounds like you could be an ideal candidate for VASL PBeM. Can fit in your move when time allows.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Hi everyone,

I should qualify that I'm still in the 'new' category and still on ASLSK (read through tutorial / rules on #1-#3, haven't played yet with Ordnance or Tanks).

I have a hectic schedule, but I would like to do f2f (face-to-face) on VASL for quick(ish) games, 1-2hrs. With a child and other duties, I find I can't really schedule a time, but I do often find myself magically blessed with some free time (e.g., during naps) -- it isn't reliable enough to schedule something, but it is long enough usually for a quick game (or half a quick game at least). I've been lurking on the Main Room on VASL with the '!' on and hardly ever seem to be able to catch anyone. I've already got two PBEM games going, but I'd like to do something a bit quicker and F2F to really get the rules to stick.

I'm hoping I can find others in a similar situation. If so, you can find me lurking in Main Room on VASL as pjh-laptop, and sometimes lurking in other rooms watching games. If I have '!' on, I'm almost certainly up for a quick game.

Timezone is Central Standard Time.

One added thought: Perhaps there is a better way to catch 'ad hoc' opponents than lurking in Main Room? I've never seen anyone else with the '!' flag used...

All the best,
Peter

Peter:

Drop me a PM and let me know what you are looking for. I'm in Joplin, MO.

Cheers,

Mark

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Mark - when are you moving back to Huntsville? ;)

I see Terry Cash everyday but he no play ASL.

Come back to the Heart of Dixie!

Alan

We should talk; the Broken down Old Man (aka Terry Cash) gave me your number also. Spending this week on Don Pedro Island in SW Florida (south of Sarasota); will call you after I get back and caught up at work.

Mark