Active length of your "world?"

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How long in years have you ran or been in one continuous active "world?"
That is for real years and "game years."

I've ran the same world setting for about 20 years now, but of course with various groups of players coming & going as I've moved here & there.

The longest length of active adventuring for one group I had I think was my very first- 6 yrs and 8 in game years. One players PC had a side-campaign leaping "ahead" to cover a 15 yr span.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not very long.

I once designed up a setting, it was a shared world, ie several dm's used it but in their own way. Each location ended up in the same world, but ran to their own tune. That actually went on for a few years even after I had dropped out of that specific group for a period of years.

Otherwise, a year or so is about the norm.

bpickering

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How long in years have you ran or been in one continuous active "world?"
That is for real years and "game years."
We played in two worlds (Middle Earth, then Kulthea/Shadow World) over a real-life period of about six years. There were perhaps 8-10 game years played during that time- enough for some significant political changes, IIRC.

Brian Pickering

Mordrig

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My PBM Character has been real world for 15 years, but only about 2 weeks game time. LOL

Still the best campaign setting I have seen, but slow turn rate. :cry:

asler

Reaction score
Started a FTF AD&D campaign back in 1976 in high school. Kept it up in the summers during college. Took a several year break as eveyone got 'professional'. Then when email became common - started it back up as an email adventure...still had all the campaign data, character sheets and adventure logs.

Still run it now via email and three of the 10 players are the original guys from 1976.

So I guess that's 31 years on and off!!

Chris