Activation with Conscript

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
So I had a Russian 4-4-7 w/ MMG non-assault move one hex. This is in Open Ground of a German S? seven hexes away--completely clear LOS with FFMO=-1 and FFNAM=-1 DRMs.

Table G1 case A indicates the German S? should have an Activation Check. Now the S? is activated and generates a German 4-3-6 conscript MMC. Since the Russian 4-4-7 is out of range (including long-range) is the 4-3-6 just "sit there" as normal, Activated, but-doing-nothing unit, and I should check another S? until the Russian unit "loses Good Order status?"

And/or has the German 4-3-6 considered to have fired and is marked First Fired?

And/or...how do you handle activated units that can't fire after being activated?

I see now that S5.3 indicates the non-firing 4-3-6 would activate but remain Concealed; "each non-firing unit remains concealed".

Thanks!

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
So I had a Russian 4-4-7 w/ MMG non-assault move one hex. This is in Open Ground of a German S? seven hexes away--completely clear LOS with FFMO=-1 and FFNAM=-1 DRMs.

Table G1 case A indicates the German S? should have an Activation Check. Now the S? is activated and generates a German 4-3-6 conscript MMC. Since the Russian 4-4-7 is out of range (including long-range) is the 4-3-6 just "sit there" as normal, Activated, but-doing-nothing unit, and I should check another S? until the Russian unit "loses Good Order status?"

And/or has the German 4-3-6 considered to have fired and is marked First Fired?

And/or...how do you handle activated units that can't fire after being activated?

I see now that S5.3 indicates the non-firing 4-3-6 would activate but remain Concealed; "each non-firing unit remains concealed".

Thanks!

If the activated unit cannot fire then the unit remains concealed - as you read. As far as checking S? counters - yes. Every hex/location your friendly unit/stack moves to , check all the S? counters within range and LOS. Stop checking if there's no other S? counter in range or LOS, your friendly unit/stack stops moving, or if your friendly unit/stack becomes broken/eliminated/non good order.