Activation of AFV in a building

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
So an ENEMY S? entered onto the board. It was out of LOS until it entered a wooden building in which case it was now in LOS and subject to Activation. So it got activated and I rolled "AFV, S".

The "S" is easy. But do I activate the AFV in the building as if it were setup there? I.e., no real penalties? Or should I put the AFV in bypass?

Second, S? in Advanced attitude that are Activated have their MPh stopped, it seems more logical to put squad under the AFV as armored assault as opposed to riders. Thoughts?

Attachments

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
S3.321 says S? never use Bypass movement, so I think the AFV will be in Motion in the building. If subsequent DR/dr result in it being a non-fully-tracked it is forfeit. Since the AFV will not be using VBM, the squad won't be riders. S5.712 covers activation in Bog terrain, so if that S? was in Advance Attitude and has to take a Bog check, the check may have consequences like falling in to the cellar, causing rubble, or bogging.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, makes sense. I forgot about riders in a building (ha!) but I did leave the AFV in motion in the building.