Activation Check Counters

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Since I started playing SASL again several years ago I've wanted to make a counter that would show the different ranges for the Activation Checks - in the heat of the moment I would miss/forget one S? (or three) that should have been checked. So in the last week and half I've been learning about counters and have come up with a AC Counter for the Germans, Russians, British, and Americans.

It's an extension and adds the counters to the SASL tab in the counters. The shown area will cycle through the various ranges. Control-shift-A increase the range, control-shift-Z decreases the range, and control-shift-O turns the show area on/off.

Just have to change the .zip to .vmdx.

They are not really needed that much if the ENEMY is the attacker and as my company is currently on the defensive there hasn't been much of a chance to use them. Please let me know if you find them helpful.

EDIT:

I've add all the Nationalities I have. I've added "Clone" so they can be cloned. I've also placed the counters in their own tab, Counters -> Other -> SASL AC. For some reason I thought I had originally posted my first bare bones counters but I see I had actually posted the updated counters so there are no other changes.

Remember to change the .zip to .vmdx. If you find any errors or want to make a suggestion please let me know.

I've also made up counters for the A1, A2, x1 charts, and AC DRMS which can be placed on the map and moved around when needed or they can be left in their tray and used like any of the other charts. It's too big to post here but message me and I'll send it to you if you are interested in it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Adrian_QLD

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi Walter
Thank you for this check counter, I am learning SASL and have found it very easy to use helping me with the S counter activation. Is it easily possible to add a counter for the french please.
Thank you
Adrian

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Hi Walter
Thank you for this check counter, I am learning SASL and have found it very easy to use helping me with the S counter activation. Is it easily possible to add a counter for the french please.
Thank you
Adrian
You're welcome - glad they are helpful.
I'v updated these and I will post them later tonight ( or tomorrow night ). It's should be fairly easy to add the French and the others too.

ChappyNS

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llCanada
Since I started playing SASL again several years ago I've wanted to make a counter that would show the different ranges for the Activation Checks - in the heat of the moment I would miss/forget one S? (or three) that should have been checked. So in the last week and half I've been learning about counters and have come up with a AC Counter for the Germans, Russians, British, and Americans.

It's an extension and adds the counters to the SASL tab in the counters. The shown area will cycle through the various ranges. Control-shift-A increase the range, control-shift-Z decreases the range, and control-shift-O turns the show area on/off.

Just have to change the .zip to .vmdx.

They are not really needed that much if the ENEMY is the attacker and as my company is currently on the defensive there hasn't been much of a chance to use them. Please let me know if you find them helpful.
Thanks Steed, I will try this out. Just a question: which files do I make .vmdx? I have the following files in the folder: buildFile, extensiondata, moduledata and a file folder called "images" with all the .gif files for respective nations. Do I make all of them .vmdx?

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Steed, I will try this out. Just a question: which files do I make .vmdx? I have the following files in the folder: buildFile, extensiondata, moduledata and a file folder called "images" with all the .gif files for respective nations. Do I make all of them .vmdx?
I believe all you have to do is change the .zip to .vmdx and it should work. I don't think I actually zipped it. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

ChappyNS

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llCanada
I believe all you have to do is change the .zip to .vmdx and it should work. I don't think I actually zipped it. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.
I got it working by overriding the auto unzip. Perfect. So now I need to find the best way to use it. I noticed you cannot clone the counter so you can't have several in operation at one time. If you could clone, you could place a counter on multiple S? locations closest to the FBE, for example, to see where you are safe (excluding LOS) with a -2 IFT DRM. How do you use it?

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
I got it working by overriding the auto unzip. Perfect. So now I need to find the best way to use it. I noticed you cannot clone the counter so you can't have several in operation at one time. If you could clone, you could place a counter on multiple S? locations closest to the FBE, for example, to see where you are safe (excluding LOS) with a -2 IFT DRM. How do you use it?

I will add it in.

Since making them my company has been on the defense so I haven't had much use for them. But in our current mission we are on the offensive. I take the counter and place it on top of my unit/stack and then move it along with the stack adjusting the range as I go.

Adrian_QLD

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thank you for adding in the other nationalities. yes i would like the counters for the A1, A2, x1 charts, and AC DRMS please

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Hoi Steed, i would like to use your tool too, but i can't converse the zip into vmdx, how does it work?
thanks for your help!!!
Johan Vrijdaghs.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Hoi Steed, i would like to use your tool too, but i can't converse the zip into vmdx, how does it work?
thanks for your help!!!
Johan Vrijdaghs.
You should be able to just down load it, change the .zip to .vmdx, and put it where you put your other extensions. You do not have to unzip it. If you can't get it to work, pm me your email address and I will send the vmdx file to you.

Walt

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
thanks for your help!!!
Johan Vrijdaghs.
If you cannot see the .zip, you'll have to change so that you can see your extensions. Then like they said upstream, just change your .zip to .vmdx.