Actionjick Takes His Lumps the Redux

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Started a new Civilization 3 PTW. As usual the Americans, Emperor level, ten other random civilizations, raging barbarians, everything else random.

Things were going better than the last game. I wasn't that far behind culture wise and then I achieved the Civilization Advance of Gunpowder. Once again there is no Saltpeter in my area and not any nearby. I am unable to produce Musketmen and that whole line of Advances, to Modrrn Infantry for example is essentially useless to me.

So I decided not to develop my military, Knight would be my best unit, and see if I can overtake the others with more cities that have Universities. Maybe I can catch up and just Nuke them all.😉

Updates if anything develops that Brigadier Bacardi thinks is worthwhile

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
It's 1796 AD and the situation is nebulous. I had been progressing at a better rate than previous attempts but the AI has decided that a player on the Emperor level does not need Strategic Resources, such as Iron, Saltpeter or Coal.

My only supply of Iron is exhausted and the best unit that I can build is the Longbowman. The Persians who attacked me have Infantry, Cavalry, Transports and Destroyers. As they were only invading by Sea I thought that I could contain them but decided the best recourse was a Peace Treaty which cost me 280 Gold.

It had been 200 Gold but I thought after eliminating the initial Persian invaders the cost would go down. It went up!

The dilemma now is how to proceed. I have no hope of acquiring the Strategic Resources I need by conquest so I am going to Disband excess units that are draining the Treasury and see if I can catch up culturally.

Nukes if I can get them!

I should just Go Back To Clubhouse but I am a stubborn old Jick and will continue on, perhaps learning something for the next time. And lmfao for being such a braggadocio about the glory of the hopeless Last Stand.

These are all dedicated to you Robin. 😘😘

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
1848 AD and the Japanese declared war on us right after I had Disbanded the bulk of my military, feeble as it was, to pursue a wealth acquisition and cultural advance strategy.

Well the Japanese blew that plan out of the water with fifty plus Cavalry units and some other odds and ends just for sprinkles on top of the victory cake

Well I knew when I moved up to Emperor Level that it would be difficult. I got what I asked for!!! LMFAO. The Curse of the Bambino Robin ?

Lol I will be super impressed if you get that semi haha!😘

Oh btw, Back to Clubhouse.

Further updates in Actionjick Takes His Lumps Ad Infinitum.