Actionjick Takes His Lumps Ad Infinitum

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went back to 2382 to test out an alternate plan for the invasion of the French home island. I finished my part of 2383 and the AI went totally nuclear on me. I decided to continue on although several of my cities had been nuked and at least 75% were in Civil Disorder.

I usually do " housekeeping " issues before military ones but decided to land the invasion force first. There was a heap of housekeeping to do. I landed about sixty of the eighty invading units and decided to Save the game. The game shuts down again. Glad I neglected my chores.

Concluding that the AI had enough of this game I started a new one. Sigh. Warriors just aren't the same as Modern Armor and I couldn't get into it.

When first considering going back a couple hundred turns I pondered the possibilities of going back several hundred turns. Instead of invading the large island closest to mine which did not have Oil I would Invade the small island by Scandinavia that had Oil and Uranium.

This is probably what I am going to do. As successful as the last redo was I would have run out of turns before achieving a military victory. A change in strategy and an extra five hundred or so turns and military victory may be possible.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went back to 2382 to test out an alternate plan for the invasion of the French home island. I finished my part of 2383 and the AI went totally nuclear on me. I decided to continue on although several of my cities had been nuked and at least 75% were in Civil Disorder.

I usually do " housekeeping " issues before military ones but decided to land the invasion force first. There was a heap of housekeeping to do. I landed about sixty of the eighty invading units and decided to Save the game. The game shuts down again. Glad I neglected my chores.

Concluding that the AI had enough of this game I started a new one. Sigh. Warriors just aren't the same as Modern Armor and I couldn't get into it.

When first considering going back a couple hundred turns I pondered the possibilities of going back several hundred turns. Instead of invading the large island closest to mine which did not have Oil I would Invade the small island by Scandinavia that had Oil and Uranium.

This is probably what I am going to do. As successful as the last redo was I would have run out of turns before achieving a military victory. A change in strategy and an extra five hundred or so turns and military victory may be possible.
I enjoy the game from the earliest times to the future. It wasn't the time of the game but the irritation with the AI for stopping the game when I was on the offensive and doing well. What a jick. Well if I have to go back five or six hundred turns so be it. I am The Jick.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sherman, Mr. Peabody and I hopped in the Wayback Machine and went back to 1774 to pursue a different strategy. Updates to follow. Actiondebbie just brought me up a shot of tequila.😋