Actionjick Takes His Lumps Ad Infinitum

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I went back to 2382 to test out an alternate plan for the invasion of the French home island. I finished my part of 2383 and the AI went totally nuclear on me. I decided to continue on although several of my cities had been nuked and at least 75% were in Civil Disorder.

I usually do " housekeeping " issues before military ones but decided to land the invasion force first. There was a heap of housekeeping to do. I landed about sixty of the eighty invading units and decided to Save the game. The game shuts down again. Glad I neglected my chores.

Concluding that the AI had enough of this game I started a new one. Sigh. Warriors just aren't the same as Modern Armor and I couldn't get into it.

When first considering going back a couple hundred turns I pondered the possibilities of going back several hundred turns. Instead of invading the large island closest to mine which did not have Oil I would Invade the small island by Scandinavia that had Oil and Uranium.

This is probably what I am going to do. As successful as the last redo was I would have run out of turns before achieving a military victory. A change in strategy and an extra five hundred or so turns and military victory may be possible.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I went back to 2382 to test out an alternate plan for the invasion of the French home island. I finished my part of 2383 and the AI went totally nuclear on me. I decided to continue on although several of my cities had been nuked and at least 75% were in Civil Disorder.

I usually do " housekeeping " issues before military ones but decided to land the invasion force first. There was a heap of housekeeping to do. I landed about sixty of the eighty invading units and decided to Save the game. The game shuts down again. Glad I neglected my chores.

Concluding that the AI had enough of this game I started a new one. Sigh. Warriors just aren't the same as Modern Armor and I couldn't get into it.

When first considering going back a couple hundred turns I pondered the possibilities of going back several hundred turns. Instead of invading the large island closest to mine which did not have Oil I would Invade the small island by Scandinavia that had Oil and Uranium.

This is probably what I am going to do. As successful as the last redo was I would have run out of turns before achieving a military victory. A change in strategy and an extra five hundred or so turns and military victory may be possible.
I enjoy the game from the earliest times to the future. It wasn't the time of the game but the irritation with the AI for stopping the game when I was on the offensive and doing well. What a jick. Well if I have to go back five or six hundred turns so be it. I am The Jick.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sherman, Mr. Peabody and I hopped in the Wayback Machine and went back to 1774 to pursue a different strategy. Updates to follow. Actiondebbie just brought me up a shot of tequila.😋

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
2292 and wasn't doing too badly. The AI's turn and war is declared by practically everyone on everyone else and ICBMs fly for a couple of minutes. Oddly none at me. 2293 and as I Save the game it quits and goes to the computer home screen. I try it a couple more times but with minor variations the results are the same, the AI quits.

The dilemma now is do I go back a couple turns and try to alter the outcome or just start a whole new game.

I haven't played today as it was a honeydo day. Hook up her new TV and CD player. My to dos included changing two light fixtures. Her list was completed in a timely manner. Mine not so much. The house is 145 years old. I've replaced fixtures in the upgraded part of the house but these were where the older wiring was. I hit a snag, decided to stabilize the situation and start again tomorrow.

The crux of the biscuit is that I have power to my computer but via a 25 foot extension cord to a multi tap that is powering a small light and a security camera. The game can wait, I don't want to overload that circuit.

Besides I need time to ponder my next course. Refreshments are required!😋

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
2292 and wasn't doing too badly. The AI's turn and war is declared by practically everyone on everyone else and ICBMs fly for a couple of minutes. Oddly none at me. 2293 and as I Save the game it quits and goes to the computer home screen. I try it a couple more times but with minor variations the results are the same, the AI quits.

The dilemma now is do I go back a couple turns and try to alter the outcome or just start a whole new game.

I haven't played today as it was a honeydo day. Hook up her new TV and CD player. My to dos included changing two light fixtures. Her list was completed in a timely manner. Mine not so much. The house is 145 years old. I've replaced fixtures in the upgraded part of the house but these were where the older wiring was. I hit a snag, decided to stabilize the situation and start again tomorrow.

The crux of the biscuit is that I have power to my computer but via a 25 foot extension cord to a multi tap that is powering a small light and a security camera. The game can wait, I don't want to overload that circuit.

Besides I need time to ponder my next course. Refreshments are required!😋
What is odd is that this time Armageddon happened almost two hundred years before the previous one. At this stage each turn is a year. That's a fair amount of turns. Most likely not enough turns to achieve world dominance but enough for me to give a good account of myself.

lewisrassel

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llTurkey
Your early game is in need of work. I also suspect your trading game needs work. Don't wait for the AI's to contact you. Check on them. Every turn. Buy and sell maps as much as you can.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Your early game is in need of work. I also suspect your trading game needs work. Don't wait for the AI's to contact you. Check on them. Every turn. Buy and sell maps as much as you can.
It's tough to trade when every other Civilization is at war with you.

Doing pretty well in the current game though.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
This game the large island I was on had no Luxuries and only one source each of Horses, Iron, and Coal. Tough toTrade when you have nothing extra.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
A quick update. It's 2401 and I just eliminated the Glorious Greeks. All that is left now are the Ottomans and Mongols. Definitely the best I have ever done on the Emperor level.

The Ottomans and Mongols are at war. The Mongols are the smallest Civilization left. They are much smaller than the Ottomans and myself. Who to attack next is a question that will require some conjugating and refreshments.

PatriciaRobert

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Look for an opportunity to buy something from one and sell it to the other. Its especially good if the two you are trading with don't know each other.
Starting another but chose the archipelago landmass. Maybe do better with less pesky neighbors.
speed test omegle gucci soho disco bag
Jick is established and lots of Spice nearby. Perhaps a good sign. Lol! Right.

Updates to follow. Still haven't decided on a overall strategy. Good plan.🙄

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Look for an opportunity to buy something from one and sell it to the other. Its especially good if the two you are trading with don't know each other.
Good advice but too often everyone else has declared war on me.

Doing well this time. The Mongols have one city left on a tiny island with an Ottoman city. I am at war with both and on the attack against the Ottomans. It's 2426 and things look good. Definitely the best I have ever done on the Emperor level.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
It's 2437 and I just landed on the Ottomans home continent with three simultaneous invasions. Things look good. I'll be stripping units from all over the Empire for this attack.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
2447 and it looks like it's all over for the Ottomans but the shouting until.......

New kitty Sarah Jane is a big kitten and is full of piss and vinegar as my Dad used to say. She constantly plays under the stand where my computer is, laying on the keyboard, tangling the cords, messing up the monitor, you name it. Well last night she was playing and the computer shut down. It would power up but went into repair mode.

Tried a few times to reset it without success. I was looking at victory being snatched from me when it was so close. Fortunately this morning I tried another repair and it worked!! Lol thankfully.

Good kitty but a little hellion. 🥰

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
This all happened a few weeks ago. I've been avoiding Civilization since then.

2509. Mandatory Retirement in 2510. It's just me and the Ottomans and I've got them on the ropes.

I control all the world except for their home continent which I have successfully invaded. I have cut off all their Strategic Resources needed for producing Modern Armor, Nuclear Submarines and Missles and I have taken their Capitol Istanbul. The absolute best that I have ever done on Emperor level.

I save everything. Camera is ready to record my triumph. 2510 here I come! The sweet, sweet taste of victory!

No.

" You have suffered a humiliating time limit defeat."

I was stunned for a second or two. I could accept defeat as I hadn't totally crushed the Ottomans but the " humiliating " was too much. Then it showed the hours played. 480!! Four hundred eighty hours for a humiliating defeat. That's twelve forty hour work weeks!! I could have used that time for something useful, like cleaning the basement and attic.

Sigh, but I have always been a gamer, for better or worse. Accept defeat and move on. You've been defeated often enough before.

Anyway I had always intended to play past 2510 but now I am not sure. You can continue the game past 2510, the game just doesn't keep score. But I am undecided whether to continue, go back a few hundred turns and try to avoid a humiliating defeat or clean the basement. Only time and refreshments will tell.

In the meantime I need an outlet for my frustration and humiliation and I am sorry to say that Gamesquad and my attempt at ASL humor ( humour ) is that outlet. My apologies. 😘

Last edited:

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You don't want this on your headstone

He was a great guy, loved by all - but he suffered a humiliating defeat...