Action Pack and Journal reprints?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone know if there's any hope for reprints of out of print Journals and Action Packs? E-mails to MMP have gone unanswered.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great, thanks. But the clock is ticking on some of us older gamers ... ;)

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also meant to specifically ask about the GI's Dozen reprint, but I'm a guessing the answer is the same. This will at least get one "I'd buy that" on record.

TomAbromaitis

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Tom
Country
llUnited States
I too hope someday it happens! I wasn't in the hobby when a lot of it came out! Heck... I was in middle school for some of those releases...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
The official word from MMP (from Perry, see above) is "Never say never".....which is hopeful....and as official as one is likely to get any time soon.

The Smart Money (TM) says "Don't hold your breath"...which is cynically realistic, and completely unofficial.

Still, it would be nice and hopefully a segue into a print on demand system similar to what Pittman and Dorosh have set up for their scenario design books?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Still, it would be nice and hopefully a segue into a print on demand system similar to what Pittman and Dorosh have set up for their scenario design books?
I am guessing that pod is out in many cases because they need special items printed like counters and/or boards. Where possible pod would certainly be helpful to those who are trying to get items that are out-of-print.

JR

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What was the reason for the reprint of Journal 2? (I think that I recall there was a reason beyond "demand," but I don't remember anymore what I once heard/read.)

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
What was the reason for the reprint of Journal 2? (I think that I recall there was a reason beyond "demand," but I don't remember anymore what I once heard/read.)
I suspect that there were counters in J2 swung it.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Demand, pure and simple. You want to buy one? We got plenty.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Demand, pure and simple. You want to buy one? We got plenty.
Already bought one (and always happy to do my part to keep ASL/MMP viable). Now, if you could reprint Journals 1, 4, and 7 I can guarantee that you would sell at least one copy of each of those, too (though it seems, given the pile of #2 sitting around, that I shouldn't hold my breathe for this). Hate to hear when something is reprinted and then doesn't sell.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I am guessing that pod is out in many cases because they need special items printed like counters and/or boards. Where possible pod would certainly be helpful to those who are trying to get items that are out-of-print.

JR
Possibilities for keeping scenarios in print?

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think maybe reprinting magazines might not be the best idea. After all how many magazines ever get reprinted in any hobby? What might be better is a best of compilation. Maybe the HASLs and scenarios reprinted as a "Best of" series.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Done already with AoO, FKaK, Yanks 2, etc., though I'm sure the maps or special features [EX: Suicide Creek] would be nice to see again for those who are more recently arrived on the ASL scene.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well my problem is that I dropped out of ASL for quite a while due to real life and I am just getting back into it. So I missed Journals 3 - 10 and a bunch of Action Packs. Let's just say I was aggressive with the latest fall sale, but there was only so much ground I could recover ...

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Negotiations are under way ... ;)

Thanks!

vetsurg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems that since the journals have all been sold and MMP is not planning to reissue them, hence no loss of money to MMP, they should allow pdf’s of the articles to be posted online. I know they’re copyrighted but MMP wouldn’t lose anything by this for those of us who would really like to read the articles written in these publications.