Acquisition Loss with CAFP

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sort of, but there's an important exception... ...that I'm not certain i understand!

Here's a Q&A:

C6.52
For example, if a unit moves into a location with an ½" acquisition counter and subsequently advances out of the location without being fired upon by the gun that has the location acquired, can/must that advancing unit be tracked?

A. It cannot, unless by moving into the location it became part of a stack that was acquired.

So... when does something become "part of a stack"? Suppose a hex contains a unit X which was acquired by a Gun. X's Mph is over. Unit Y moves thru X's location. Is it part of the stack and can 'pick up' the acquisition'? There is no definition of stack in the index. Must a unit spend simultaneous MF/MP to be part of a stack... must it begin/end a phase in the same location? Or must it simply occupy the same location as another unit to constitute a stack? -- the phrasing of the Q&A "unless by moving into the location it became part of a stack that was acquired" suggests to me that all that is required is moving into the stack location. Help appreciated.
Yes that Q&A really muddles the whole process and directly contradicts the rule as I see it. Once the MPh has been completed I always thought units in the remaining same location were considered a stack and subject to any DRM gained by acquisition as well as being able to track any of those units (if otherwise possible) should they advance to different locations. However, if one accepts the Q&A's interpretation of the acquisition rules you have to remember which unit(s) were in the stack when you fired upon them and only those units are subject to acquisition until...(when?).