Acquisition (C6.51)

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Guys, I've confused myself with the acquisition rules and want to get someone else's opinion... I'm tired. I need help (even when I'm not tired :) )

Situation: a Location with two infantry units is under 1/2" acquisition. One routs to a Location out of LOS of the acquiring Gun; the acquisition remains in the Location. When the remaining unit advances out of the acquired Location to a Location (within LOS of the Gun), is the acquisition forced to track the advancing unit, or can it remain in the original Location?

Thanks in advance

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Milne said:
When the remaining unit advances out of the acquired Location to a Location (within LOS of the Gun), is the acquisition forced to track the advancing unit, or can it remain in the original Location?
1/2" acquisition always tracks a target. There are times when (as you did with a routing unit) you can choose to keep the acquisition on one of a choice of targets, but you can never choose to leave acquisition in a location just because you don't want to track a target. C6.51.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian W said:
1/2" acquisition always tracks a target. There are times when (as you did with a routing unit) you can choose to keep the acquisition on one of a choice of targets, but you can never choose to leave acquisition in a location just because you don't want to track a target. C6.51.
Thanks, Brian.
That's how I've always played it (though I probably forget from time to time), but I suddenly had a crisis of confidence and thought that the second squad might not qualify as a target.
Like I said, I was tired :)