ABtF Reinforcements - HW Platoon

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just looking at the CG German Reinforcement notes... states that an I5 HW Pltn (which consists of HMG x1, MMGx2 and each weapon accompanied by a 228 Inf Crew) is Note O "available for on map setup on the CG Date of purchase).

Does this mean available for on map setup in any of my setup areas? Do I need to be able to trace a route from that CG Group to the setup area I want to set it up in? One other question... must the 228 possess an MG when setup in a setup area?

Appreciate any help you can offer.

J P

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
Just looking at the CG German Reinforcement notes... states that an I5 HW Pltn (which consists of HMG x1, MMGx2 and each weapon accompanied by a 228 Inf Crew) is Note O "available for on map setup on the CG Date of purchase).

Does this mean available for on map setup in any of my setup areas? Do I need to be able to trace a route from that CG Group to the setup area I want to set it up in? One other question... must the 228 possess an MG when setup in a setup area?

Appreciate any help you can offer.
Question 1. We have always played it that they can setup in any German controlled area - although you could choose to have a house rule that disallows setup from off board in areas that are surrounded by the opposition.
Question 2. See the last line of 9.6182 all SW's setup/enter with a unit from its RG (9.6183 leaders must also setup/enter with a unit from their RG too) BUT, that doesnt stop you starting the game with the HMG manned by its crew being stacked with an infantry squad and swapping the HMG at the earliest convenience.

karl

Lost in my own mind.
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi

On map. I would say it can setup on the map. But would need a line to its entry area.

Cheers

Karl

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I hope if/when MMP get around to a 2ndEd of ABtF they clarify questions like this one, there are many little holes in the rules of this otherwise fine CG.