ABTF Convoy; SW & concealment

Jeff Leslie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's some questions that recently came up while Matt Ozvat & myself were playing ABtF CGI initial scenario. Notice that after each question I explain how we played the rule.

Q1:

Assuming in ABTF CGI &CGIII that the German trucks in the convoy are spending 2MF per hex entered, if DFF immobilizes the lead truck in the convoy on the 1st MF as it enters a new hex, does the 2nd MF not occur because of the immobilization? Also, if the 2nd MF for that truck is null & void, does that apply to the rest of the convoy behind the lead truck?

My own interpretation of this between D8.4 and C.8 are that even though the truck gets immobilized on the 1st MF, it still expends 2MF total to enter the hex, and is therefore eligible for another DFF attack in the same hex even after immobilization on the first MF spent. Also, the rest of the trucks in the convoy are still spending 2MF to enter their hexes.

Q2:

E11.4 states that Convoy vehicles do create LOS hindrances if they would be subject to Case J if fired on by ordnance at that moment. D9.4 states that AFV's & wrecks only are LOS hindrances and makes no mention of unarmored vehicles being hindrances, and D9.3 states that unarmored vehicles exert no TEM's until they become a wreck. Which is it?

The way we played this was that E11.4 took precedence over any of the chapter D rules because of E.2 (Rules Order), so I read that to mean any convoy vehicle is a hindrance.

Q3:

Is setting up a dm SW a concealment loss activity? Repairing a SW is NOT a concealment loss activity according to the Concealment Loss/Gain Table. From my own experience with crew-served weapons, trying to clear a jam is just as noisy or even noisier than setting it up.

We decided that setting up a dm SW fell into the "engaging in any other action" category and that concealment is lost for setting up a dm SW.

-Jeff Leslie