ABTF and other bridges revised module thread

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Believe it would be better to release each historical event, as a separate module.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are planning to attend ASLOK 2022 and want to help out with Mike's Ponte Grande project please let me know. Both me and Mike will have a map available and hoping to test this further--along with (as always) other projects needing testing from BFP and LFT.
Many of these PG scenarios are small scale and consequently perfect for those waiting in between tournament rounds for their next opponent.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Is there a chance MMP will decide to break this up into multiple releases? It seems like it might do better sales-wise in smaller bites.

It feels very odd to me that people would buy a product just to get counters they already have in different colors, with no play-dependent reason for them. But the heart wants what the heart wants I guess.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Is there a chance MMP will decide to break this up into multiple releases? It seems like it might do better sales-wise in smaller bites.

It feels very odd to me that people would buy a product just to get counters they already have in different colors, with no play-dependent reason for them. But the heart wants what the heart wants I guess.
This would feel odd to any sane person. But we are a nerd-bunch of ASLers beyond the age where we had to count the cents of our pocket money. So please, take reason out of your equation and you'll just feel fine. ;)

von Marwitz

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
My guess is that no hard decision has been made on that yet - I thinking this is still some year(s) away anyway.....

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
My guess is that no hard decision has been made on that yet - I thinking this is still some year(s) away anyway.....
Well, we'll just have to hope that when MMP is done with their bridge crossing business that we have not finished with ours by crossing the Styx.

von Marwitz

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Well, we'll just have to hope that when MMP is done with their bridge crossing business that we have not finished with ours by crossing the Styx.
At the moment though I don't think the ball is in MMP's court on this project - as far as I know, nothing has been submitted...

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Same here, I'm into buying it. Hell, probably I'll buy ABTF from eBay before. And when the new version comes, I'm going to sell the older one for few bucks.

This hobby has to be utterly incomprehensible for any bystander.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Same here, I'm into buying it. Hell, probably I'll buy ABTF from eBay before. And when the new version comes, I'm going to sell the older one for few bucks.

This hobby has to be utterly incomprehensible for any bystander.
Take up fly fishing, or golf, or just about any "hobby." There's always someone angling to take your money.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I would be surprised that the black SS were the main reason to purchase ABtF.
I didn't care about them and bought the module because I was interested in the situation - I loved the movie, too.
I don't believe that my case is an isolated one.
Note that you can find black SS by TPP, so anyone who craved to have them up to now could easily get them, without hoping of a ABtF reprint.
I don't think that the absence of the black counters would impact the numbers sold, as the blue equivalents would be included.
Before the TPPs produced Black SS counters ABtF was the only source and main reason for ABtF to go sky high on eBay as a CG it’s garbage AH even tried selling it for $25 to get rid of stock, it was after this the high prices happened, purely for the black SS .

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is the Counters, I mean, who would not want a Brit leader named Pine-coffin in their OB? lol

Before the TPPs produced Black SS counters ABtF was the only source and main reason for ABtF to go sky high on eBay as a CG it’s garbage AH even tried selling it for $25 to get rid of stock, it was after this the high prices happened, purely for the black SS .

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
When I purchased ABtF, I didn't know of the quality of the CG.
And I don't play CG : what I look for in a HASL is the scenarios.
I don't know if I would purchase a game just because of the Men in Black.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's no way I'd pay any of these outrageous prices no matter what counters are in it.

haggis

Reaction score
Country
ll
Just my opinion, but I'm tiring of more counters.
If we must have more counters it may be better to make them ones we don't already have in core modules.
Maybe a counter for the single up-armoured super Pershing, but not more 4-6-7 German squads .

That said, I would like to have the updated maps for ABtF, Pegasus and Primosole bridge.