Abrubt Elevation Changes/Double Crests

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Checking if I understand the Abrupt Elevation Change and Double Crest rules correctly. Using the image from Board 83:

1. The 4-5-8 in 8303 enters 83P3 with 2 MF, and spends 4 MF to enter 83N3. A fully-tracked vehicle would spend 2 MP to enter P3 and could not enter N3 (EXC: the British Centurion tank spends 6 MP and takes a +3 DRM Bog Check).

2. The 4-5-7 in 8305 enters INTO 83O6 with 3 MF, a fully-tracked vehicle enters with 4 MP.

3. The 4-4-7 IN 8307 enters 83O8 with 4 MF. A fully-tracked vehicle spends 10 MP (EXC: the Centurion spends 6MP).

4. The 2-3-7 IN 83P5 enters 83Q6 with 6 MF, a vehicle could not (EXC: the Centurion could so with 9 MP and a +3 Bog Check).

5. The 2-4-7 in 83P6 enters O6 with 4 MF, a vehicle could not (EXC: the Centurion spends 6MP and take a +3 Bog Check).

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
1. A vehicle may not cross a double-crest up or down except via a road, EXC: Centurion, Churchill.
The cost up for Centurion, Churchill would be 4MP gain level + 2MP gain intermediate level + 1MP to enter open ground.
The cost down for Centurion, Churchill would be 1MP intermediate level + 1MP enter open ground.

3. The cost up should be 4MP gain level, 4MP gain intermediate level, one MP open ground, with 2MP for intermediate level for Centurion, Churchill

5. The centurion should spend 5MP, 2 x intermediate level down + 2MP gully + 1MP open ground

JR

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. A vehicle may not cross a double-crest up or down except via a road, EXC: Centurion, Churchill.
The cost up for Centurion, Churchill would be 4MP gain level + 2MP gain intermediate level + 1MP to enter open ground.
Okay, so the final level is still +4 for the Centurion and Churchill, +2 for the intermediate. And COT is only added for the last level entered.
The cost down for Centurion, Churchill would be 1MP intermediate level + 1MP enter open ground.
Minor point, but shouldn't it be 2MP down an intermediate level +1 OG? (Down double crest into OG) I missed the the 2MP for descending an Abrupt Elevation Change in my post.
3. The cost up should be 4MP gain level, 4MP gain intermediate level, one MP open ground, with 2MP for intermediate level for Centurion, Churchill

5. The centurion should spend 5MP, 2 x intermediate level down + 2MP gully + 1MP open ground

JR
Related to this, a Centurion or Churchill crossing double crests, ascending or descending, takes a Bog Check with a +3 DRM. The other DRMs, like Ground Pressure (+1/+2), making an Abrupt Elevation change (+1), etc., would apply as well?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Minor point, but shouldn't it be 2MP down an intermediate level +1 OG? (Down double crest into OG) I missed the the 2MP for descending an Abrupt Elevation Change in my post.
Yes, that's right.

Related to this, a Centurion or Churchill crossing double crests, ascending or descending, takes a Bog Check with a +3 DRM. The other DRMs, like Ground Pressure (+1/+2), making an Abrupt Elevation change (+1), etc., would apply as well?
I think so. Footnote CC says it must check for bog and references D8.21, so I assume the applicable DRM in D8.21 are used.

JR