About that ASL Supplemental Map Bundle ...

Are you more likely to order the ASL Supplemental Map Bundle if the 8 x 22 inch maps are shunfolded?

• I haven't pre-ordered and won't.

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • I have pre-ordered but would prefer the 8" x 22" maps were shipped unfolded.

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I haven't pre-ordered but will if the 8" x 22" maps were shipped unfolded.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I pre-ordered and I don't care.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note - if you already voted in the poll on Facebook, no need to vote again.

Earlier this year, Perry from MMP mentioned that they were considering dropping the ASL Supplemental Map Bundle because it was in the Pre-Order doldrums (304/450). I suggested that part of the reason might be this clause at the bottom:

SHIPPING NOTE: Unlike the original Map Bundle, which contained only one type of map board, it will be necessary for the map boards in the Supplemental Map Bundle to be folded for shipping.

Personally, I really like having a set of unfolded maps and thought that was a big selling point of the original set, so I suggested that maybe it was worth looking at whether the 31 8" x 22" maps in the set could be shipped unfolded even if the 9 back printed 11" x 16" boards (1a/b-9a/b) were folded. Perry thinks that might be do-able so I offered to float the idea to the community to see if more people would pre-order the set if the 8" x 22" maps were shipped unfolded.

Please take a moment to vote in the poll and add any (relevant) comments below.

Thanks!

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/…/Produc…/349/Default.aspx

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I did not preorder and won't do so at this time. I have many of the boards (mostly map bundle 1 though) as doubles due to buying reprints of the core modules. For the boards beyond 50, I do not have doubles for most of them but as I do not need to replace mounted versions for those, I would need only replacements for single boards if a catastrophe happened like a spilled beverage. It would be easier to buy these replacements individually, I think.

Still, I do think that the second map bundle does make sense. The boards are core components and many products they came with (Action packs etc.) will unlikely see reprints. So for those entering the hobby and don't have all the stuff, they are the way to go. I fully approve of MMP going to offer the second map bundle.

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I have not preorderd and don't plan on doing it or buying the bundle, since I already have all these maps. But if I was interested, I would not mind at all that they were shipped folded (plus, how would they ship unfolded when there are both normal and double-wide maps?).

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have not preorderd and don't plan on doing it or buying the bundle, since I already have all these maps. But if I was interested, I would not mind at all that they were shipped folded (plus, how would they ship unfolded when there are both normal and double-wide maps?).
In the post it says ...

I suggested that maybe it was worth looking at whether the 31 8" x 22" maps in the set could be shipped unfolded even if the 9 back printed 11" x 16" boards (1a/b-9a/b) were folded.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I already have all these maps so not needed. I’d rather have the overlay pack.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all of the maps from the individual modules, AP, WOs, etc., so no need for me to purchase and a "non-fold" benefit isn't important to me. -- certainly not enough to consider a purchase. It's a good idea though to see if that will make a difference for some, though.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The first bundle was a success, as it allowed to move to the new SK-style format and many players had the older mounted boards.
The second bundle is much less needed, as all its boards have been published in SK-style format.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I preordered the boards, but would rather order then individually. Or even better yet purchase my missing maps in the now highly priced ASL Journals which I missed. If they would reprint the journals with the missing maps. For example, after I ordered the interesting magazine on the American 29th Division, I found that none of the scenarios there were playable because I lacked the necessary boards. Tim

Varn

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a rank new player who is patiently accumulating the core modules, map packs aren't as useful to me since I know I'm still incapable of playing a lot of scenarios due to lack of counters. In lieu of a bundle, it would be interesting to see MMP develop a single buy option for maps with a pay to print option (similar to the Pocket rule book I have as I patiently await the real rule book coming back to print). As I pick up some action packs that spark interest (and to make me learn more rules) I have now found myself buying single maps from ebay for the few gaps that I have for US/RUS/GER/UK counters I can put in the field.

This seems like a more viable option to me vs. just not supplying the customer with their demands. I don't know how viable this would from a business standpoint.