Aberdeen Tank Museum

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
As usual, Paul is the man with the answers!!

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The best part of the Aberdeen museum?

Chasing fireflies! Those little bugs are the coolest and since we have no humidity on the west coast we don't get them over here.

After an Avaloncon went with Grofaz Conner, Louie Tokarz, Bob Bendis and Rob Banozic. Enjoyed the long line of U.S. tanks in the median as you drove in. Grofaz showed us the hatch of the IS-2 underneath, so we all crawled inside. Got a picture of myself hanging from the barrel of a Panther. Took a while going hand-over-hand to get to the end as that barrel is so freaking long. Witnessed the 'trap' on the turret of one Panther and 'the fix' on another. Saw the awesomeness of the 88 Flak in the poor Matilda as there's two large holes in it. One going in, the other coming out.

The Tiger was not there. We heard it was loaned to Germany to be refit or a movie. Sucks that it's in a private collection.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The best part of the Aberdeen museum?

Chasing fireflies! Those little bugs are the coolest and since we have no humidity on the west coast we don't get them over here.

After an Avaloncon went with Grofaz Conner, Louie Tokarz, Bob Bendis and Rob Banozic. Enjoyed the long line of U.S. tanks in the median as you drove in. Grofaz showed us the hatch of the IS-2 underneath, so we all crawled inside. Got a picture of myself hanging from the barrel of a Panther. Took a while going hand-over-hand to get to the end as that barrel is so freaking long. Witnessed the 'trap' on the turret of one Panther and 'the fix' on another. Saw the awesomeness of the 88 Flak in the poor Matilda as there's two large holes in it. One going in, the other coming out.

The Tiger was not there. We heard it was loaned to Germany to be refit or a movie. Sucks that it's in a private collection.
I would bet that was a KV-1 with the open escape hatch. It was moved off its concrete blocks and now straddles them to make the gap too small to get in from the bottom now. ;)