Abandoning and removing SW from M3A1

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Hello, I have a few questions on this I was not able to clear searching the forums or the q&a.

D5.4 states that the vehicle/crew should not have moved to be abandoned in the MPh. Does this allow the spending of 1MP to stop the halftrack before abandoning it?

US Vehicle note E states that the ht has a 50 cal MG and a MMG. Does this mean that removing them allows a 50cal and MMG to be placed with the abandoning crew? How does this reconcile with the 4FP and 2FP indications on the back of the counter and with D6.631 which pretty inambiguously states that only one MG is removed (in this case, a 6FP HMG)? The BAZ note also means that a Bazooka could be removed along with those two MGs?

Thanks plenty.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Of course the useful "similar threads" now shows a few related questions. Still it is not crystal clear... it is ASL after all!

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
D5.4 states that the vehicle/crew should not have moved to be abandoned in the MPh. Does this allow the spending of 1MP to stop the halftrack before abandoning it?
No, the vehicle has to be stoped - it can not expend any MP before the crew abandons.

US Vehicle note E states that the ht has a 50 cal MG and a MMG. Does this mean that removing them allows a 50cal and MMG to be placed with the abandoning crew?
Yes, per Note I (with Annual 96 errata): "...Each MG may be Removed as this given type (i.e., as a .50-cal. or MMG respectively)...."

How does this reconcile with the 4FP and 2FP indications on the back of the counter and with D6.631 which pretty inambiguously states that only one MG is removed (in this case, a 6FP HMG)?
In this partcular case, Note E "overrides" the general rule D6.631.

The BAZ note also means that a Bazooka could be removed along with those two MGs?
Yes, per Note Z.

plpalmerdvm

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hello, I have a few questions on this I was not able to clear searching the forums or the q&a.

US Vehicle note E states that the ht has a 50 cal MG and a MMG. Does this mean that removing them allows a 50cal and MMG to be placed with the abandoning crew? How does this reconcile with the 4FP and 2FP indications on the back of the counter and with D6.631 which pretty inambiguously states that only one MG is removed (in this case, a 6FP HMG)? The BAZ note also means that a Bazooka could be removed along with those two MGs?

Thanks plenty.

There is a nice chart in Special Ops #3 that shows what, how, and by whom can armaments be removed from US and German HTs

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
And what about reentering? If any removed SW is loaded into any M3A1 or similar vehicles .. Are the original MG armament recovered and the SWs removed? Same procedure used?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
And what about reentering? If any removed SW is loaded into any M3A1 or similar vehicles .. Are the original MG armament recovered and the SWs removed? Same procedure used?
Yes, D6.631: "...The weapon can be returned and the Abandoned/Disabled counter removed from that AFV by a friendly crew’s (with the appropriate MG/mortar counter) re-entry into the halftrack as per 5.42...."

Dmart

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rekindling this thread... on the back side of the M3A1 counter (lower left corner) is 'BAZ.' I can find no reference in the ASLRB, including Chap H, to indicated what this denotes: does the vehicle come with a supplemental BAZ?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rekindling this thread... on the back side of the M3A1 counter (lower left corner) is 'BAZ.' I can find no reference in the ASLRB, including Chap H, to indicated what this denotes: does the vehicle come with a supplemental BAZ?
See US MAVN "Z". (You will note from page H32 for meh. 29 in the col. notes the letters E, H and Z. That is why I direct you to Z).

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Z This vehicle starts each scenario carrying one BAZ of the latest model (signified by "BAZ" on the counter), which does apply to the vehicle's PP capacity (D6.1) when it takes counter form. (Thus it must remain inherent if the vehicle currently has no unused PP capacity). In a single Player Turn the inherent crew may fire either the vehicle's normal armament or the BAZ (as per C13.8-.81). Otherwise, the BAZ may only be Removed (D6.631) by the crew or a Passenger (who can claim possession of it automatically), or Scrounged (D10.5). These principles also apply to the inherent SW in the German SPW 251/10 (German Vehicle Note 65).